University of Uyo, Uyo
P.M.B. 1017, Uyo, Nigeria
Invitation for Tenders Notice to Contractors
The Management of the University of Uyo, intends to engage the services of interested, suitably qualified, reliable and competent suppliers/contractors with good track record for pre-qualification and tenders for Years 2010-2013 (Merged) Tetfund Intervention in Library Development projects in the University of Uyo. The project details are as follows;
LOT 1A: Procurement of Assorted Textbooks, Journals and Reference Materials. This scope of supply involves the procurement of Books/Local/AUC INT. Journals/General Reference Sources in Arts and Humanities, and Science and Technology.
(b) TETF/UNI/UYO/LIB/10 -13/02
LOT 1B: Procurement of Library Subscription
This scope involves procurement of E-BRARY, Proquest and Ebsco Host Subscriptions for the Library
(c) TETF/UNI/UYO/LIB/10 -13/03
LOT 1C; Procurement of Library Equipment
This scope of supply involves the procurement, supply, installation, training, and commissioning of assorted Computer Systems (desktops/laptops) complete with all accessories, Scanners, Printers, Photocopiers, Readers, TV sets. Refrigerators, Air conditioners, Inverters, Binding Machines, Crimpers and Paper Cutters,
(d) TETF/UNI/UYO/LIB/10 -13/04
LOT 1D: Procurement of Assorted Library Furniture
This scope of supply involves the procurement, supply, installation, and commissioning of assorted furniture namely Carrels, Chairs, Cabinets, Racks, Tables and Shelves.
Detailed specifications will be provided in the Tender Document.
2) METHOD OF APPLICATION: Interested Suppliers/Contractors are to submit a comprehensive Company Profile, paged, with table of contents and coloured labelled separators to include the following requirements and arranged in the order specified in (i-xvii). Please note that these requirements will be used as pre-qualification evaluation criteria.
(i) Letter of application for each of the Lots applied for.
(ii) Certificate of registration of Company/Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(iii) Tax Clearance certificate for the past three years (2014, 2013, and 2012) with Tax Identification Number (TIN)
(iv) VAT Registration Certificate
(v) PENCOM Certificate
(vi) Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate
(vii) Sworn Affidavit in line with the provisions of Part IV, Section 16, Sub-section 6(f) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 that all documents submitted are true and correct in all particulars and to include among others:
(1) That the Director(s) of the prospective contractual Company has/have never been convicted by any Court of Law.
(2) That neither the company nor any of the Company’s Directors is bankrupt
(3) That none of the Officers of UNIUYO, TETFUND or BPP is a former or present Director/staff of the Company
(4) That the Company is not in receivership
(viii) A letter authorizing the University of Uyo, Uyo to verify from relevant agencies and bodies, claims made on your submissions.
(ix) Names/e-mail addresses phone numbers of Company’s key contact persons to be assigned on the project.
(x) Company’s Organisational structure; names and signed CV’s of staff (Management/Technical/Admin, personnel) with passport photographs endorsed at the back by Chief Executives, (with photocopies of academic, and relevant professional certifications).
(xi) Evidence of 3Nos. verifiable similar jobs successfully executed or on-going in the past ten (10) years. Include the client’s letter of awards and state original contract sum of project, year of commencement/completion, original contract completion period in tabular form for all the 3Nos, jobs; include photocopies of completion certificate(s), interim payment certificates if work is on-going. State causes of delays, if any, amongst other relevant information.
(xii) List of relevant equipment and tools owned, properly categorized. (Provide evidence of ownership/lease agreement).
(xiii) Evidence of financial capability –
(i) Line of credit from bank and current bank statement within the last twelve (12) months.
(ii) Reasonable liquid assets and annual turnover.
(xiv) Company’s audited accounts for year 2012, 2013 and 2014.
(xv) Financial Reporting Council (FRC) Certificate.
(xvi) Any other relevant information that will be helpful in determining the bidder’s suitability for the works.
- Original copies of items are to be sighted at pre-qualification opening exercise.
- Any other relevant information that will be helpful in determining the bidder’s suitability for the works.
- Joint ventures can submit a single application per Lot, but must state the lead partner in the project. The lead partner shall have at least 2N0, of the 3N0. Verifiable similar jobs submitted. Joint ventures shall include their Memorandum of Understanding properly signed by both parties; each party shall submit all the requirements on the list as required in the advert.
Bidders may indicate interest in more than one Lot, but no bidder shall be considered for award in more than 1 No lot. Each project must be submitted in two (2No) separate envelopes clearly marked “TECHNICAL, BID FOR LOT………”Or” FINANCIAL BID FOR ………Project Reference Number, and with separate applications for each of the Lots submitted.
Both envelopes for Technical and Financial Bids should be sealed separately and bound together per Lot, as the Financial Bid shall only be opened after a bidder has been pre-qualified.
- METHOD Of PAYMENT FOR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL BID DOCUMENTS:
Technical and Financial Bid Documents are obtainable from the Directorate of Physical Planning, Office of the Vice Chancellor, Ntieyong Udo Akpan Block, Town Campus Annexe on the presentation of a University of Uyo Bursary receipt of a non-refundable fee of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30, 000.00) only, for Lots 1A and 1C only, and Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000, 00) only, for Lots IB and Lot ID.
- SUMBISSION OF COMPLETED TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL BID DOCUMENTS
The two (2) documents are to be submitted as follows:
- Three (3Nos.) soft bound copies of Technical Bid documents including a soft copy in CD are required for each Lot.
- Two (2Nos) Financial Bid documents (1No Original and 1No duplicate)
Do not use a file jacket or hard copy binding.
Technical and Financial Bid documents shall be submitted in sealed envelopes, clearly labelled at the top left hand corner ‘Technical or Financial Bid Document for (insert project number, lot and name).
This should be addressed to:
University of Uyo
Uyo – Akwa-ibom State
Submission shall be made in person at the Office of the Registrar, PTDF Y-Building at the Main Campus of the University of Uyo, Nwaniba Road, by completing and signing both the submission form and register for the two (2) submissions, on or before 29th June 2015. Submission closes at 12.00 noon, on June 30, 2015
Any submission made thereafter, will be rejected.
The Technical Bid documents will be opened on Tuesday, June 30th,2015 at 1p.m. prompt in the PTDF Y-Building Auditorium, Main Campus of the University, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
- Nothing in this advertisement shall be construed to be a commitment on the part of University of Uyo, Uyo to undertake the project(s) or entitle any bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever in respect of any expenses incurred in preparing responses.
- Only those pre-qualified will be contacted for the opening of the financial bid documents.
- Full tendering procedures will be applied only to bidders that have been pre-qualified and found capable of executing the projects,
- For further clarification please contact:
Directorate of Physical Planning.
Office of the Vice-chancellor,
Ntieyong Udo-Akpan Block,
University of Uyo Town Campus Annexe, Uyo.
0808530692, 08027745574 and 08055330031
Mrs. Edak U. Umondak
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL