Secondary Education Board
ORLU STREET, PMB 151, AREA 3, GARKI – ABUJA
Invitation to Tender for 2013 Capital Projects
FCT Secondary Education Board was established to provide and sustain qualitative senior secondary education which prepares FCT children between the ages of 15 and 18 years for higher educational pursuit based on their intellectual endowment.
In this vein and in line with the Procurement Act, 2007, the Board wishes to invite interested and reputable Contractors and Suppliers for the procurement of the following listed items under the 2013 Capital Budget:
B. Project Description
Lot 1 Provision of Classroom furniture to GGSS Abaji & GSS Yaba
Lot 2 Provision of Classroom furniture to GDSS Bwari & GSS Byahzin
Lot 3 Provision of Classroom furniture to GMSS Jikwoyi& GSS Gwagwa
Lot 4 Provision of Classroom furniture to GSS G/Karya, & GSS Zuba
Lot 5 Provision of Classroom furniture to GDSS G/Lada
Lot 6 Provision of Classroom furniture to GSS Abuja at 30 Village Pegi
Lot 7 Furnishing of Lab Complex at GSS Airport
Lot 8 Completion of Multipurpose hall at.GSS G/Lada
Lot 9 Provision of External Works Around Male hostel at GSS G/lada
Lot10 Renovation of School Library at SFG G/Lada
Lot 11 Reconstruction of 3 No Block (A, B, C) of 2 Classrooms at GDSS G/Lada
Lot 12 Reconstruction of 3 No Block (D, E, F) of 2 Classrooms at GDSS G/Lada
Lot 13 Rehabilitation of Perimeter Fencing at GDSS G/Lada
Lot 14 Renovation of Admin Block at GSS Yaba
Lot 15 Renovation of Science Lab Complex at GSS Yaba
Lot 16 Renovation of 3 No Girls’ Hostel & Matron House at GSS Yaba
Lot 17 Renovation of Block (A) of 8-Classrooms at GSS Yaba
Lot 18 Renovation of Block (B) of 8-Classrooms at GSS Yaba
Lot 19 Construction of a Library Block at GDSS Wuse II
Lot 20 Provision of Science Laboratory Equipment to GSS Pandagi
Lot 21 Provision of Science Laboratory Equipment to GSS Kwaku
Lot 22 Provision of Science Laboratory Equipment to GSS Abuja @ 30 Village Pegi
Lot 23 Furnishing & Equipping of Library at GSS Byazhin
Lot 24 Furnishing & Equipping of Library at GDSS Dutse
Lot 25 Provision of Library Books & Materials at GSS Abuja at 30 Village Pegi
C. General Requirements
Interested companies should provide the following documents:
i. Introductory letter with full address and Phone No.& e-mail address.
ii. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
iii. Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2010, 2011 & 2012).
iv. VAT Certificate.
v. Articles and Memorandum of Association.
vi. Verifiable list and documentary evidences of similar and other jobs successfully executed with their locations within the last three (3) years (2010, 2011& 2012), including copies of letters of award and practical completion certificates,
vii. List of names of key personnel officers to be involved in the project, stating their qualifications and professional registration,
viii. List of plants and equipment to be used for the project. State whether the equipment is on lease, hire or owned by the company,
ix. A letter of recommendation from the company’s bankers indicating the financial capacity to undertake the job; if awarded.
x. Report of audited Account for the last three years (2010, 2011 & 2012).
xi. Evidence of registration with PENCOM.
xii. Evidence of Registration with ITF and remittance made to date.
Note: The above required documents should be ARRANGED in the order listed
D. Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies should collect tender documents from FCT Secondary Education Board, Tender Secretariat, Room 225 upon the presentation of evidence of payment of N20.000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only) non-refundable tender fee to FCTA Account No: 051503010000426 with Fidelity Bank, Central Area.
The Pre-qualification and Tender documents should each be sealed and labelled (Technical and Financial Bids as appropriate) separately and the two envelopes be put in another envelope that should also be sealed and labelled: Tender for……….. (Lot No……)” The tender documents (Financial Bid) should be submitted in three (3) copies (one original and two other Copies) and all pages duly endorsed by the bidders, addressed and submitted to:
FCT Secondary Education Board, Room 225
Area 3, Garki, Abuja
F. Public Opening of the Documents
All information for Pre-qualification and Invitation to Tender shall be publicly opened on Monday 28th October, 2013 at 12:00 noon in the Assembly Hall, Government Secondary School Garki, Area 10, Garki – Abuja in the presence of bidders and the general public. All professional bodies and NGO’s are invited to witness the public opening exercise accordingly.
- A Company shall not bid for more than one lot.
- Late submission will be rejected.
- All CAC, VAT, PENCOM & Tax certificates may be referred to the Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), National Pension Commission and other relevant bodies for VERIFICATION.
- Jobs between N300, 000,000.00 (N300M) and above must be accompanied by bid security of 2% of bid price.
- All prospective contractors should note that non-compliance with the requirements above will lead to outright disqualification.
- This advert shall not be construed to be a commitment by FCT SEB, nor shall it entail the tenderer to make any claim(s) what so ever by virtue of such tenderer having responded to this publication.
- Original documents may be needed for sighting, anytime the need arises.
- Receipt of the documents shall commence from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
- Only successful bidders will be invited for the next stage of the bidding process.
- The evaluation of the received documents shall be strictly based on the requirement as specified above.
- Interested bidders are advised to familiarise themselves with the locations of projects before bidding.
- FCT Secondary Education Board reserves the right to disqualify any bid at any stage.