The Federal University of Technology, Akure
F.M.B. 704, Akure, Ondo State Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites interested competent and reputable contractors to apply for the Pre-qualification and Tender exercise; and submit the required information 35 well as comply with all other prerequisites for Pre-qualification and Tender for the following approved 2015 TETFUND Special Intervention Projects for the newly approved School of Health and Health Technology and Needs Assessments Projects stated below:
(A) 2014 Tetfund Special Intervention Projects for School of Health and Health Technology Projects
|S/N||Project||Lot No||Non-RefundablePre-qualification and Tends Fee|
|1||Construction of 3 -in -1 Lecture Theatres of 500Capacity Each with other Associated Works -TOILT||1||N50,000.00|
|2||Construction of 1,000 Seater Lecture Theatre with other Associated Works – COSLT||2||N50,000.00|
|3||Construction of Male Medical Students Hostel with other Associated Works – CMMSH||3||N50,000.00|
|4||Construction of Female Medical Students’ Hostel with other Associated Works – CFMSH||4||N50,000.00|
|5||Construction of 1,000 Capacity Multi- Purpose Hall with other Associated works- CMPH||5||N50,000.00|
|6||Construction of 8 Classroom Block with other Associated Works – CECB||6||N50,000.00|
|7||Supply and Installation of 2 Nr 500KVA Generating Set with other Associated Works – SIGS||7||N30,000,00|
|8||Construction of School of Health & Health Technology Building – SHHTB (Pre-qualification only)||8||Pre-qualification Fee N50,000.00|
|(B) 2i014 Tetfund Special Intervention in Provision of Health Facilities|
|S/N||Project||Lot No||Non-Refundable Pre-qualification and Tender Fee|
|1||Construction of University Health Centre (Phase 1) – CUHC||9||N50,000,00|
|(C) Needs Assessment Priority Projects|
|S/N||Project||Lot No||Non-Refundable Pre-qualification and Tender Fee|
|1||Procurement and laying of 25km Campus Wide Fibre Optics Cables and Equipment -PLFC||10||N50,000,00|
|2||Construction of School of Post Graduate Studies Building||11||N50,000,00|
|3||Construction of Staff Office Building||12||N50,000,00|
|4||Construction of Indoor Sports Hall||13||N50,000,00|
To be considered, potential companies are required to submit all the under-listed verifiable documents:
(1) Evidence of Company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and evidence of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in case of a joint Venture, including CAC registration forms CO2 and CO7.
(2) Certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
(3) Corporate profile, to include list, CVs, and copies of credentials of Company and technical Staff, indicating qualification, year(s) of cognate experience and certificate of registration with relevant professional bodies.
(4) Evidence of company current Tax clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (20l2-2014), duly stamped
(5) Copy of VAT registration Certificate
(6) Current Company’s audited Accounts for the last three years (2012-2014), duly stamped by a Professional Accounting Firm/Audit firm showing annual turnover.
(7) Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of compliance Certificate from ITF
(8) Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of Current Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM)
(9) Evidence of registration on the Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of the Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in line with the provision of section 5(h) of the Public procurement Act (PPA), 2007.
(10) Original Bank Statement for the past Twelve (12) months
(11) Satisfactory Bank references letter and documents demonstrating availability of funds/liquid assets and/or credit facilities from the banker(s) to successfully complete the Contract.
(12) Verifiable Evidence of similar jobs successfully executed, or being executed within the last Five years, indicating type, cost, location and evidence of award and completion.
(13) List of verifiable essential equipment, in full working condition to be used for the projects, listed as owned, hired or leased.
(14) Company’s registered address, functional contact address, GSM Phone numbers and e-mail addresses
(15) Reference letters from Three (3) previous Clients of Similar projects, satisfactorily completed to be included in the pre qualification.
(16) Original copies of documents would be requested to be made available for sighting whenever required
(17) A sworn Affidavit, certifying that:
(a) The documents submitted for the pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine, but correct
(b) The Director(s) seeking for pre-qualification had never been convicted by any court of law
(c) The Company is not bankrupt
(d) None of the Officers of FUTA is a former or present Director of the Company
(18) Evidence of payment of non-refundable Tender Fee as indicated for each Lot and made payable to FUTA Project Revenue Account No: 0125426710. GT Bank, FUTA Branch. Bank Code; 058150000, Branch Code; 058152272
Collection of Bid Documents
Interested Bidders should collect Pre-qualification and Financial bid document from the Directorate of Physical Planning on presentation of receipt issued from the Cash Office of the Bursary, Federal University of Technology, Akure from Monday, 27th July, 2015 to Monday, 7th September, 2015.
For further enquiries, please contact; The Director, Physical Planning at T.3. Useni Building, FUTA, Ondo State, between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Submission of Pre-qualification and Tender Documents
The Pre-qualification and Tender documents should be arranged in the order listed above and to be submitted in two (2) copies, A4 size, paged and neatly bound and sealed in a separate envelope with the outer envelope of the first envelope marked “Pre-qualification ….” (Quote the appropriate project’s name boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope) to be submitted in two (2) copies. The second envelope with Tender documents to be submitted also in two (2) copies marked “Financial bid”. The two envelopes should be enclosed together and marked with project Title and Lot number and delivered to; The Registrar, Federal University of Technology, P. M. B. 704, Akure, Ondo State not later than 12:00 noon Monday, 7th September, 2015.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements would automatically result in disqualification
- The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made on the Pre-qualification document submitted by companies
- The university reserves the right to reject any Pre-qualification document and is neither committed nor obliged to give reasons for the rejection of any of the companies responding to this invitation
Contractors are hereby requested to indicate their interest in participating in the pre-qualification and Tender exercise, following which only pre-qualified Bidders will be invited for the financial tender of the projects. Only companies with proven track records on similar works will be pre- qualified to competitively tender for the project.
All submissions for pre-qualification and Tender should be in a sealed envelope and identified with the project reference number at the top left hand corner and marked “Pre-Qualification and Tender for Lot (Please specify Lot no)” and delivered by hand or courier service to reach the address stated below not later than 12:00 noon Monday, 7th September, 2015.
Opening of Bids
All bidders, Civil Society Organization and interested stakeholders are invited to attend the public opening of the Pre-qualification and Tender meeting scheduled to take place immediately after the close of submission by 12:00 noon Monday, 7th September, 2015 in the Prof. T. I. Idibiye Auditorium
(i) Failure of a Bidder to follow the order of any of the instructions above or provide any of the listed documents may automatically result in disqualification.
(ii) Notwithstanding the submissions made, The Federal University of Technology, Akure is neither committed nor under any obligation to include any Contractor on the final list of pre-qualified Contractors or award any form of contract to any Contractor.
(iii) To qualify for a multiple number of lots in d package for which Tenders are invited in the Invitation for Tenders, the Tenderer shall demonstrate having resources and experience sufficient to meet the aggregate of the qualifying criteria for the individual lots
The execution of these projects will depend on the release of funds by the appropriate funding Donor. FUTA will not be liable if there is any delay in the release of funds.
Signed: DR. (MRS.) M.O. AJAYI
Registrar and Secretary to Council