University of Lagos, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification Exercise
The University wishes to invite reputable and seasoned contracting firms with proven track record and expertise in the relevant areas of the under-listed advertised projects to express interest:
|S/N||Project||Contract Number||Scope||Non-Refundable Pre-Qualification Fees (N:K)|
|1||Construction of a New Hostel
|The project comprises the demolition of existing buildings and the construction of a modern functional hostel accommodation for students use within the Akoka campus. It is expected to be a reinforced concrete framed structure with en-suite rooms and other ancillary facilities.||20,000|
|2||Construction of Lecture Theatre
|This project is the construction of a new 500 seating capacity lecture theatre complete with ancillary works||20,000|
|3||Rehabilitation/ Renovation of Lecture Theatres, Lecture Rooms/ Laboratories
|The project comprises the rehabilitation/ renovation/ upgrade of existing lecture rooms, workshops and laboratories including civil works and furnishing in all the faculties||20,000|
|4||Rehabilitation of the Faculty of Arts Building||UL/CP/14/04
|The Faculty of Arts Building is a six storey, two winged reinforced concrete structure. The Rehabilitation works will include extensive repairs, replacement and refurbishment of some building elements including floor, wall, ceiling finishes as well as lifts.||20,000|
|5||Rehabilitation of University Hostels
|UL/CP/14/05||The project involves the total renovation of existing student hostel accommodation including extensive plumbing, electrical, roofing and other finishing works.||20,000|
|6||Provision of Municipal Services||UL/CP/14/06
|The project comprises the purchase of a Fire Fighting Truck of minimum specifications of:
|7||Rehabilitation of electrical distribution network||UL/CP/14/07
|The works will include the provision of 2 x 10MVA transformers as well as the replacement of power sub-stations and XPLE cable.||20,000|
|8||Improvement works on existing Swimming pool including provision of Ancillary equipments||UL/CP/14/08
|The scope of the project will include the provision of changing rooms, shower rooms and offices as well as supply and installation of Starting Boxes for the pool.||20,000|
|9||Procurement and Installation of various modern Laboratory and Workshop Equipment for the following Faculties:
b) Business Administration
e) Environmental Sciences
i) Social Sciences
j) Basic Medical Sciences
k) Clinical Sciences
l) The College of Medicine
Clinical Skill Laboratory
|The project comprises the supply and installation of various laboratory and workshop teaching equipment.||20,000|
1 A Compulsory and Mandatory Requirements
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
ii. Company Audited Account for the last three years duly stamped
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) registration
- Evidence of registration with National Pension Commission, in compliance with the provisions of section 16 (6)(d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as related to Pensions
- Evidence of compliance with the statutory provision of section 6 (1)-(3) of the (ITF) Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
- Evidence of payment of the Non-refundable Pre-qualification Fees at the UNILAG Gas Office or Bank Certified Cheque
Please note that failure to provide any of 1A(i)-(vii) above will automatically disqualify the bidder.
1 B. Other Requirements:
- List and source of equipment to be used for the project.
- Indication of Technical and Administrative Staff strength, with academic/professional qualifications and years of experience of key personnel available for the project.
- Bank reference from a reputable Bank.
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed or being executed in Nigeria over the last five years stating, type, cost with evidence of award and completion.
- For vendors interested in the supply and installation of laboratory and workshop equipment, evidence of appointment as manufacturers of relevant equipment will be an added advantage.
Collection of Documents
Pre-qualification forms shall be made available to interested companies on University in respect of the Pre-qualification exercise, from the office of:
Works and Physical Planning Department
Commercial Road (Near FO Petrol Station)
University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba-Lagos.
Submission of Documents
The Pre-qualification documents, neatly arranged, spiral bound and sealed in an envelope should be identified with the project contract number at the top left hand corner of the envelope and marked is “Pre-Qualification Documents for-(Please state the specific project)” and submitted to:
Fifth Floor, Senate House
C/o Council Affairs Office
University of Lagos, Akoka -Yaba– Lagos.
Not later than 12:00noon on the 28th July, 2014. Bid will be opened at the University Council Chambers in the presence of the prospective Contractors immediately after the close of submission. Attendance at this opening event is important.
Participation in the Pre-qualification exercise and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Lagos. It is a pre-condition for further consideration of bid in line with Due Process.
Dr. T.F. Ipaye, MNM
Registrar & Secretary to Council