Invitation For Expression of Interest (EOI) at Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Federal University of Agriculture
P.M.B. 224O, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
Invitation For Expression Of Interest (EOI)For The Construction, Completion and Management of Students’ Hostels, Staff Housing Estate, International Scholars’ Guest House and Filling Station Under Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) Model
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) was established in 1988 by the Federal Government with a tripodal mandate of Teaching, Research and extension Services.
The University moved to its permanent site along Alabata Road in 1997, in what has been termed as one of the fastest pace of permanent site development in the history of Nigerian University System and has since been expanding rapidly in infrastructural development, services, students and staff population.
In view of the above, FUNAAB is desirous of providing additional students’ hostels, residential accommodation for staff on campus (currently non-existent), International Scholars’ Guest House and also, establish a standard Filling Station within the campus to serve the University community.
2.0 The Call
Expression of Interest (EOI) is invited from reputable Companies/Investors, Ranks and Financiers in property development to Build, Operate and Transfer Students’ Hostels, Staff Housing Estate, International Scholars’ Guest House and Filling Station in line with the Federal Government policy on Public Private Partnership (PPP). Please note that apart from the provision of land, the PPP arrangement will be 0% (zero percent) financed by the University. The period and other terms of concession shall be negotiated between the University and successful investors, bearing in mind the cost of capital and the need to earn attractive returns on investment. The rent to be paid by students/staff/ tenants shall not only be affordable, but equally competitive; and shall generally fall within the range obtainable in other institutions for comparable facilities.
3.0 Proposed Projects
The Hostels will comprise of 500 self contained rooms each for male and female student in blocks of storey buildings (three-floors) and 200 self contained rooms in blocks of storey buildings (two-floors) for International Students’ Hostel. In all, 1,200 self contained rooms are required for the first phase of development.
The Staff Housing estate will comprise of 10Nos. duplex for professors, 20Nos. blocks of storey buildings (two- floors) having four(4) units of 3-bedroom flats per floor for senior staff and 20Nos. blocks of storey buildings (two-floors) having four(4) units of 2-bedroom flats per floor for junior staff. In all, 10 units of duplexes, 160 units of 3-bedroom flats and 160 units of 2-bedroom flats will be required for the first phase of development.
The International Scholars’ Guest House will comprise of 16Nos. standard rooms, 8Nos. suite, 1No. bar, 1No. Kitchen, 1No. laundry, 1No office and 1No. business centre.
The filling station shall have six(6) pumps comprising of four (4) petrol pumps, One(l) diesel pump and One(l) kerosene pump, with concrete pavement, steel framed canopy and adjoining service building.
4.0 Scope of Works
The scope of works and services to be provided include:
- Sourcing and owning of funds for the complete development of the projects;
- Completing the design of the hostel, housing estate, Guest House and filling station to the consent and approval of the University authority. The University’s brief will be made available for any potential investors
- Ensuring that the finished designs is in consonance with the master plan and landscape of the University
- Responsibility for the construction and complete erection of the hostels, housing estate, Guest House and filling station and making same ready for effective occupation and use.
- Responsibility for the provision of electricity and water for the projects on completion, and Management of the facilities on completion including admittance of students/staff/tenants, provision of estate services, maintenance of all services and returning sound facilities to FUNAAB at the end of the concession period.
5.0 Requirement from Interested Investors
The potential Investor or Consortium of Investors MUST possess the premium requirement of a demonstrable financial and technical capacity and capability and the willing interest and commitment to execute the projects; and perhaps have track records m property development and management.
However, m order to be pre-qualified, interested Investors or Consortium of Investors are required to submit an EOI detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
5.1 Profile and Legal Status
- Full name of firm and contact person, office (location) address, telephone, and e-mail addresses of each corporate entity.
- Company profile stating dearly the management team and organizational structure including names and resume of key personnel
- Ownership structure detailing name(s) of shareholders and their shareholdings.
- Evidence of incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission including certified True copies of Memorandum and articles of Association.
5.2 Financial Status
- Provide current Company’s audited Statement of Accounts duly stamped by a registered Auditor
- Provide evidence of compliance with Pension Commission (PENCOM) and Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act
- Provide evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years duly stamped
- Provide copy of VAT registration and evidence of past VAT remittances for completed projects
- Provide original Bank Statement for the past Twelve Months
- Provide a letter from its Bankers that the Investor is financially sound and capable of financing the projects
- Provide and attestation from its Bankers stating unambiguously:
- That the bank is willing to support the projects,
- The sum the bank will be willing to put at the disposal of the Investment for the projects; and
- The willingness of the bankers to offer to the Investor the Bank’s Performance Guaranteed Bond in favour of FUNAAB for the sum and duration of the development of the project.
5.3 Relevant Experience
- Previous or on-going experience (if any) in Property Development and Management of similar projects
- List of relevant Professional firms or persons, (that is, Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors etc) that will undertake the Design and Supervision of the Construction of the projects; stating their qualification and experiences. All such professionals must be registered with relevant registration bodies and be members of their professional associations. Evidence of these must be attached.
- The construction organization that the Investors intend to use for the erection of the projects: its organizational profile, stating its professional and managerial structures, experience, lists of equipment whether owned, leased or hired, list of past projects stating clients, projects costs, durations and completion certificates.
- The profile of the Facility Management Organization mat the Investor intends using in the management of the completed project during the concessional period of agreement. The profile must state the names of the professionals of the organization, their qualifications, experience, and demonstrable ability to manage the facilities.
5.4 Other Information
- A statement on local contents policy
- A statement on Environmental Assessment impact of the projects
- A sworn affidavit from the High court of Justice that:
- The information submitted is true in all material respect
- None of the Directors of the company has been convicted of any criminal offence
- The company is not under my receivership and/or subject to any winding –up proceedings; and that
- None of the Officers of FUNAAB or BPP is a former or present Director of the company
Any indicative terms and conditions of proposed BOT partnership.
Any other information considered by the investors as necessary for the EOI.
6.0 Submission of Documents
Duly completed and neatly packaged EOI shall be submitted in One (1) original copy and Two (2) other copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EOI- for (e.g Hostel or Staff Housing development)” boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope and delivered to:
The Head, Procurement Unit
Room A136, Unity Building ‘A’
Federal University of Agriculture,
P.M B 2240, Abeokuta, Ogun state
7.0 Further Enquiries
For further enquiries please contact:-
Directorate of Physical Planning,
Office of the Vice Chancellor,
Chief Olatunji Abodu Building, FUNAAB Main Campus, Ogun State
To reach him not later than Thursday, 5th September, 2013 at 12.00 noon
8.0 Important Notes
Interested Investors are to note that:
FUNAAB reserves the right to;
- Sight the original copy of any documents submitted or mentioned in the proposal.
- Verify by any means the authenticity of any claims made.
- Reject any or all documents submitted
- Discountenance any proposal
(ii) All costs incurred by respondents in complying fully with the process shall be at the expense of the Investor only.
This advertisement shall never be construed as commitment on the part of FUNAAB to consider any proposal nor shall it entitle any Investor to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from FUNAAB.
Mr. Mathew O.AYOOLA (JP)