Request for Expressions of Interest; Technical Assistance on Advisory Services to the Nigerian Electricity at Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
Project Management Unit
Request for Expressions of Interest
(Consultant Services – Firms Selection)
Nigeria Electricity & Gas Improvement Project (NEGIP)
Credit No: 46200 UNI
Assignment Title: Technical Assistance on Advisory Services to the Nigerian Electricity
Regulation Commission (NERC) on Post-Privatisation Market Issues Reference No.: QCBS-NERC-01
Expressions of Interest
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit facility from the International Development Association (IDA) under the World Bank towards the cost of Nigeria Electricity and Gas Improvement Project (NEGIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Technical Assistance on Advisory Services to the Nigerian Electricity Regulation Commission (NERC) on Post-Privatisation Market Issues.
The consulting services (“the Services”) includes:
The Consultant shall generally assist the Market Competition & Rates (MCR) Division of NERC in defining its strategies for fulfilling its dual role as both a facilitator of market development and also the guardian of consumer rights and welfare
The total duration of the consultancy shall be approximately twenty-four (24) calendar months. The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be accessed at www.nepapmu.org.ng
The Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
The Consultant must possessed;
(1) Recent experience in advising governments on privatization of electricity generation and distribution companies, corporate transactions, project financing, power utility engineering and construction;
(2) Recent international project experience in the review of complex economic/financial models and incentive based regulatory models in electricity for privatized industries;
(3) Recent project experience in structuring, negotiating and closing complex greenfield, brownfield, large capacity, power plants;
(4) Knowledge of (and preferably direct experience with) the Nigerian power sector regulatory framework and industry codes;
(5) Sound knowledge of Nigerian administrative law and its application to public private partnerships and the Power Sector Reform Program.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January, 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 3rd September, 2015.
GENERAL MANAGER PMU
Attention: Engr. A.J. Ciroma
Project Management Unit (PMU),
7, Hombori Street, Wuse II,
Abuja 900288, NIGERIA.