Invitation to Tender for the Supply of Foodstuff and Cooking Gas to Prisons Nationwide, for the Period of 1st January to 31st December, 2016 at Nigerian Prisons Service
Ministry of Interior
Nigerian Prisons Service
National Headquarters, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja
Invitation to Tender for the Supply of Foodstuff and Cooking Gas to Prisons Nationwide, for the Period of 1st January to 31st December, 2016
In compliance with the provisions of Public Procurement Acts 2007 regarding the procurement of goods, works and services, the Nigerian Prisons Service hereby invites interested reputable food and gas contractors/suppliers to tender for the supply of foodstuff and cooking gas to the under-listed Prisons and Satellite Prisons for the period 1st January to 31st December, 2016. The Main Prisons and Satellite Prisons are as follows:
|S/No.||State||Prisons (Convicts)||Satellite Prisons|
|12||FCT –AbujaAbia||Kuje, Suleja and Dukpa F.CAba, Arochuckwu & Umuahia||–|
|3||Adamawa||Jada, Jimeta, Numan & Yola||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|4||Akwa-Ibom||Abak, EKet, Ikot-Abasi, Ikot-Ekpene & Uyo||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|5||Anambra||Agwata, Awka, Onitsha & Nnewi||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|6||Bauchi||Azare, Bauchi, Jama’are, Misau & Ningi||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|7||Bayelsa||Yenegoa||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|8||Benue||Gboko, Makurdi & Otukpo||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|9||Borno||Biu & Maiduguri (Maximum)||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|10||Cross River||Adim Farm, Calabar, Ikom, Obubra, Obudu & Ogoja||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|11||Delta||Agbor, Kwale, Ogwashiu-uku, Sapele & Warri||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|12||Ebonyi||Abakaliki & Afikpo||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|13||Edo||Auchi, Benin (New)-Oko, Benin (old), Ogba-farm, Ozalla farm & Ubiaja||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|14||Ekiti||Ado-Ekiti||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|15||Enugu||Enugu, Ibite-Olo, Nsukka & Orji River||Dumne, Guyuk, Karlahi, Kojoli, Hong, Mayobelwa & Shelleng|
|16||Gombe||Gombe & Tula||Billiri & Cham|
|17||Imo||Okigwe, Owerri & Orreh Farm Centre||Billiri & Cham|
|18||Jigawa||Birnin-Kudu Farm Centre, Gumel, Hadejia (New) and Kazaure||Birnin-Kudu, Dutse, Garki, Gwaram, Jahum, Kiya wa & Ringim|
|19||Kaduna||Birnin-Gwari, Borstal Institute, Kaduna Central, Kafanchan, Kakuri, Kujama Farm Centre & Zaria||Gwantu, Ikara, Kachia, Kwoi Makarfi, Manchok, Saminaka & Soba|
|20||Kano||Goron-Dutse, Kano Central & Wudil||Bichi, Dawakin-Tofa, Gwarzo, Kiru Rano, Sumaila & Tudunwada|
|21||Katsina||Daura (New), Daura (Old), Funtua, Katsina & Ingawa F. C||Dutsinma, Jibia, Kankia, Malumfashi, Mani & Musawa|
|22||Kebbi||Argungu, B/Kebbi (New), B/Kebbi (Old), Yelwa Yauri & Zuru||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|23||Kogi||Ankpa, Dekina, Idah, Kabba, Koton-Karfe & Okene||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|24||Kwara||Ilorin Old, Ilorin New, Borstal Institute, Lafiagi & Omuaran||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|25||Lagos||Badagry, Ikoyi, Female Prison, Kirikiri Maximum Security & Kirikiri Medium Security||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|26||Nassarawa||Keffl Old, Keffi New, Lafia, Nasarawa & Wamba||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|27||Niger||Agaie, Bida, Kagara, Kontagora (New), Lapai, Minna (Old), Minna (New) & New Bussa||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|28||Ogun||Abeokuta New, Abeokuta Old, Ago-Iwoye Farm Centre, Ijebu-Ode, Ilaro, Shagamu & Borstal Institute Abeokuta||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|29||Ondo||Akure, Okitipupa, Ondo Male, Ondo Female & Owo||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|30||Osun||Ile-Ife & Ilesha||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|31||Oyo||Ibadan ( Agodi), Ogbomosho Farm Centre & Oyo||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|32||Plateau||Jos, Lakushi, Langtang, Lamingo Farm Centre, Pankshin, Shendam & Wase||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|33||Rivers||Ahoada, Degema, Elele F.C & P/Harcourt||Bagudo, Jega, Kamba, Kan giwa & Wara|
|34||Sokoto||Bislam F.C & Sokoto||Gwadabawa, Tambuwal & Wurno|
|35||Taraba||Gembu, Jalingo, Serti & Wukari (New)||Baissa, Bali, Gassol, Karim-Lamido, Lau, Mutu mbiyu, Takum & Zing|
|36||Yobe||Gashua, Nguru & Potiskum (New)|
|37||Zamfara Gusau||Gumi, Kaura-Namoda, Maru & Talata-Mafara|
(2) Objective: To provide adequate and nutritious feeding of the inmates in the Nigerian Prisons nationwide.
(3) The Scope: The contractors should be capable of supplying both the foodstuff and cooking gas as a single contract during the period. This involves making adequate cooking gas and dry foodstuff available in stock for at least 7 days regularly. The cooking gas and foodstuff items to be supplied are detailed in tender documents obtainable from the Procurement Department, Nigerian Prisons Service, National Headquarters, Abuja, State Prisons Headquarters Nationwide and all Prisons Zonal offices.
(4) Eligibility to Tender: Interested reputable contractors/suppliers are requested to forward their applications with the following as tender documents for consideration.
(i) Certificate of Incorporation or Registration of Business Name with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(ii) Tax Clearance Certificate for immediate past 3 years (2012, 2013 & 2014).
(iii) Company’s Audited Account for immediate past 3 years (2012, 2013 & 2014).
(iv) VAT Registration Certificate With Verifiable Evidence of Remittance.
(v) Evidence of Mobility i.e. Vehicle Particulars with Proof of Ownership (Expired documents not acceptable).
(vi) Evidence of Payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
(vii) Certificate of Compliance duly issued to Employers by Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
(viii) Evidence of registration and remittance of contributory pension funds in line with Section 16, Subsection 8(d) of the Public Procurement Act.
(ix) Evidence of Financial Capability i.e. Bank Reference letter.
(x) Original Treasury Receipt of non refundable tender processing fee of N10,000.00.
(xi) Verifiable Evidence of previous foodstuff/cooking gas supplied for at least 3 years.
(xii) The proximity of bidders to the prison location is vital to this procurement.
(xiii) Evidence of Registration on the National Database of the Particulars, Classification and Categorization of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers as required by the Provisions of Section 5(h) and 6(1 )(f) of the public procurement Act of 2007.
(xiv) A Sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
(5) Prospective contractors/bidders are to pay non-refundable tender processing fee of N10,000.00 into Nigerian Prisons Service Account No. 0000972323 with any Access Bank branch to obtain Treasury Receipts at
Prison Cash Office Room 3309, 2nd Floor,
National Headquarters Office Complex,
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja
Pay and obtain tender document online at www.prisons.gov.ng
(6) Submissions: Tender opens on Monday 10th August, 2015. All completed tender documents must be in a sealed envelope with original treasury receipt clipped at the back of the envelope marked “Bid for Supply of Foodstuff/Cooking gas to Prisons” and Addressed to The Head of Procurement. Nigerian Prisons Service, National Headquarters Office Complex, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja and should be dropped in the Tender Box located at the Pavilion of the National Headquarters Office Complex not later than 12 noon Tuesday 22nd September, 2015. The public opening of Bids follows Immediately at the same venue.
(7) Any bid which fails to meet up with the requirements will not be considered. It should be noted that the Nigerian Prisons Service is not obliged to accept any particular tender.
(8) Incorrectly addressed or labeled submissions, and those received after the specified date shall be rejected.
(9) This advertisement of “Invitation to Tender” shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NPS, nor shall it entitle any supplier to make any claim(s) whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from NPS by virtue of such supplier having responded to this advertisement.
(10) All expenses incurred in preparing the tender response and all expenses otherwise associated with its tender response shall be borne solely by the prospective supplier.
Note: Photocopies of the non-refundable tender processing receipt and acknowledgment receipt obtained on submission of bid must be KEPT and Presented before collection of award letters by successful bidders.
For: Controller General of Prisons