Expression of Interest for the Provision of Consultancy and Project Management Services for the Proposed 40” X 30 KM Odidi – Warri Gas Pipeline Expansion Project at Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria.
Expression of Interest for the Provision of Consultancy and Project Management Services for the Proposed 40” X 30 KM Odidi – Warri Gas Pipeline Expansion Project
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) intends to engage the services of a reputable International Consultant to carry out consultancy and project management services for the Proposed 40″ x 30km class 600 Odidi- Warri Gas Pipeline Expansion Project. The commencement of the project is planned for Q4, 2015.
(2) Scope of the Project
- Route surveys verifications and Right of Way establishment.
- Civil/structural works necessary for pipe laying and stations construction
- Procurement, inspection, testing, packing, freight, customs clearance, handling,
- Storage and incidental matters relating to all equipment, materials, and consumables.
- Construction/Installation of 40″ x 30 km Odidi -Warri Pipeline inclusive of pig traps and metering stations.
- Installation of Fibre Optics Cable between the Odidi Node and Warri Gas Treatment Plant along the length of the pipeline Right of Way.
- On-site testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning; supply of consumables and any incidental matters relating to the satisfactory completion and operation of the facilities for Odidi -Warri Pipeline Expansion Project.
(3) Scope of Works for the Consultant
The scope of the Consultant’s work shall include:
- Management and supervision of works so as to ensure their execution in accordance with contract requirements.
- Co-ordination of the interfaces for the Project amongst the parties involved including but not limited to Employer, EPC Contractor and other Nigerian Authorities relevant for construction of gas pipelines and facilities.
The duties and responsibilities shall include:
(3.1) Project Management
(a) Provide competent, experienced and relevant project management personnel
(b) Prepare overall Project Coordination Procedure (including specification of responsibilities and communication matrix, variations to work, claims, timing and organization of meetings, issue and approval of minutes, keeping of records, etc.)
(c) Review of all contractors’ project management procedures
(d) Monitor and control project activities
(e) Verify and validate work done by EPC contractor
(f) Review invoices with recommendations to Employer
(g) Prepare notice for meeting, agenda and attend monthly meetings
(h) Prepare and issue minutes of meeting to the Employer in a timely manner.
(i) Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Employer
(j) Advise the Employer on any schedule variance, including mitigating actions
(k) Assist the Employer in dealing with third party Authorities and Companies
(l) Review and advise on Contractor’s proposals for staff training and ensure that they meet the requirements of the Employer
(m ) Provide effective and efficient document control system
(n) All other project management activities not listed above
(3.2) Engineering, Procurement and Construction Supervision
(a) Provide a complete multi-disciplinary engineering team to oversee the EPC contractor’s work
(b) Prepare planning schedule and programme covering every aspect of the contract using a computer-based programme which allows for critical path analysis updating and rescheduling;
(c) Vet all deliverables prepared by the EPC contractor In line with project specification, standards and international best practices
(a) Review all Contractors’ procurement procedures with recommendation(s) to Employer
(b) Provide necessary technical support services
(c) Vet Contractor’s proposals for approval of vendors, vendors’ technical submissions and making appropriate recommendation on Vendors’ selection to the Employer.
(d) Participate in kick-off meetings and factory inspection of project materials, as required by Employer
(e) Ensure proper documentation of all Materials Test Certificates
(3.2.3) Construction and Commissioning
(a) Review the Construction Plans and the Project HSE plan and ensure implementation.
(b) Review the project documentation including approved for construction drawings, specifications and data sheets, construction procedures and method statements.
(c) Ensure EPC Contractor’s adherence to HSE.
(d) Monitor and report work progress.
(e) Review contractor work programme
(f) Ensure Contractor’s adherence to Contract specification and approved procedures
(g) Witness and monitor all welding procedure qualification tests and welders’ tests
(h) Inspector/monitor welding, NDT, ROW works, pipe handling, stacking and bending, field coatings, pipe lowering, crossings (rivers, roads, pipelines and railways), hydro-test, tie-ins, backfill and reinstatement, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover. –
(i) Certify work done
(j) Issue and resolve site queries, site instructions and maintain site records
(k ) Ensure adherence to project quality
(l) Ensure the Contractor provide spare parts, equipment and special tools in line with the EPC contract
(m) Ensure completeness and accuracy of the pipeline system, operating and Maintenance manuals
(n) Review and validate As-built drawings submitted by contractor
(o) Provide head office support staff to the field personnel
(p) Provide own personnel site offices, equipment, vehicles, facilities and consumables for the period of the contract
Detailed responsibilities for the tenderer are contained in the ITT document that will be issued upon response to this publication.
(4) Tentative Time Schedule
NNPC plans to award the Contract for the consultancy and project management services contract before end of Q4, 2015
(5) Contracting Strategy
The criteria and the selection processes for bidders for the consultancy contract for the Odidi – Warri gas pipeline expansion project shall be conducted in line with the provisions of extant laws on public procurement and Nigerian Content.
NNPC plans to award the contract to competent and established Consultant that will deliver the project as schedule.
(6) Mandatory Requirements
- Tenderers are required to include the following information in their response:
- An abridged Company profile containing evidence of consultancy and project management services on similar pipeline jobs executed within the last five (5) years
- For locally established companies, Company Registration Certificate from Corporate Affairs Commission, including form C02 and C07 (Particulars of Directors)
- Where in partnership with a foreign company, evidence of the partnership agreement
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years 2012,2013 and 2014 Evidence of VAT registration and remittance
- Company’s audited financial reports for the last three (3) years, 2012,2013 and 2014 Evidence of current registration with NNPC, DPR, and NIPEX will be an added advantage
- Detailed Nigerian content plan in accordance with NOGICD Act, 2010.
- Evidence of compliance with Part IV, 16(6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as it relates to PENSION (Certificate or exemption from PENCOM) and section 1 (2) Pension Reform Act 2004, where applicable.
- Evidence of compliance with the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act 2011 by inclusion of copy of Compliance Certificate from the Industrial Training Fund, where applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae of key personnel for the project, including evidence of COREN registration for practicing Engineers
Tenders are required to provide all the above requested information. Notwithstanding the submission of requested documentation, NNPC is neither committed nor obliged to include any bidder on the tender list or award any form of contract to company or associates.
(8) Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
The response to this invitation should be sealed and marked at the top right corner as: “Provision of Consultancy and Project Management Services for the Proposed 40″ X 30km Odidi – Warri Gas Pipeline Expansion Project addressed to:
Gas & Power DEXCOM Tenders Board,
Room 45B, 1st Floor, Block D,
Central Business District,
To reach him not later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, 23rd September, 2015