Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) at Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District, P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) Contractor for Re-Construction of 60km Bonny – Port Harcourt 24″ Crude Oil Pipeline Using Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) Method
The National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) intends to carry out re-n o its Bonny-Port Harcourt 24″ Crude Oil pipeline using Horizontal Drilling (HDD) method.
In this regard, NNPC hereby requests suitable qualified, experienced and reputable prospective Contractors to submit their pre-qualification documentation, which shall be in English language.
Brief Description of the Scope of Work
The EPC Contract scope of work shall include but not limited to survey, inspection, preliminary and detailed engineering design, procurement, supply, fabrication, installation, construction, project management, testing, commissioning, training and maintenance
Other details to be covered in the scope of work are as follows:
- All engineering, detailed design, planning, procurement, provision of access roads, construction, testing and commissioning services in respect of all civil, structural and mechanical requirements for the installation of 24″ ∅ API 5L-X52 x 60km Bonny – Port Harcourt 24″ Crude Oil Pipeline using Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) method.
- Mobilization of HDD equipment, swamp construction machinery, materials and personnel.
- Site preparation including the provision of all logistics, access roads and work platforms required for the execution of the works.
- Procurement and delivery of 24″ ∅ API 5L-X52 x 60km polyethylene (PE) coated line pipes, valves and fittings to site.
- Tie-in of the new by-pass to the existing pipeline.
- NDT and other Radiographic examination.
- Cathodic protection
- Provision and installation of pipeline security/integrity system comprising leak detection, corrosion monitoring, pig detection/location etc.
- Hydrostatic test to 60Barg pressure of the completed works.
- Decommissioning of the remains of the old 24″ pipeline segment.
- QA/QC and third party inspection/certification services.
- Provision for CASHES including security, site clean-up after completion of all works.
- Provision of temporary site office and facilities for Contractor and Client’s use.
- Demobilization of crew, equipment/machinery and materials from site. Commissioning
Qualified and experienced companies interested in the pre-qualification process are required to submit comprehensive technical and financial information as follows:
- Contractor’s name, postal address, telephone/fax number, e-mail address of registered office where correspondences are to be directed and contractor’s representative.
- Contractor’s brochure and profile including Nigerian share holders, if any.
- Copy of Contractor’s corporate policy on CASHES.
- Copy of Contractor’s quality certificates.
- Copy of Contractor’s registration certificate with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and current Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) permit, copy of Contractor’s registration certificate with NNPC or any of its subsidiaries.
- Evidence of company’s compliance with the Nigerian Content Act 2010 and remittances to the NCDMB as applicable.
- Possession of relevant HDD equipment, capacities, functional status, picture, location address in Nigeria etc.
- Details of relevant verifiable experience on similar works that the contractor has undertaken demonstrating its ability and capability to successfully undertaken demonstrating its ability and to undertake this project, including description of its typical project execution plan.
- Details of foreign/local partners, including inception date, scope and copy of executed agreement.
This information must include:
- Name of project(s)
- Brief description of project(s)
- Scope of work performed by the Contractor
- Date of award of contract(s)
- Contract Value(s) in US Dollar
- Contractual period of execution of contract(s)
- Actual period of execution
- Nature of contract (fixed lump sum, reimbursable, etc)
- Name and address of referee in client’s company for each referenced project (provide telephone numbers and e-mail address for quick reference)
- Applicants shall grant permission, in writing and on their letter headed paper, to PPMC or its authorized representative to conduct any investigation(s) to verify any or all statements, documents and information submitted by them as part of this exercise.
- Audited financial statement for the past three (3) years and current tax clearance certificate.
- Details of company’s engineering capabilities inclusive of number of permanent staff (professionals, skilled and unskilled), location and description of yards/offices, engineering design office hardware and software.
This advertisement shall not be construed as commitment on the part of PPMC, nor shall it entitle potential firms to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from PPMC by virtue of such firms having responded to this advertisement.
Response to this invitation does not oblige PPMC to consider a responding firm for pre-qualification. All cost incurred as a result of this pre-qualification invitation and any subsequent request for information shall be to the responding firms accounts.
Submission of Pre-Qualification Information:
The pre-qualification documents should be sealed and marked:
“PRE-QUALIFICATION OF ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT & CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS FOR RE-CONSTRUCTION OF 60KM BONNY – PORT HARCOURT 24″ CRUDE OIL PIPELINE USING HORIZONTAL DIRECTIONAL DRILLING (HDD) METHOD”.
Firms should submit documents in duplicate copies to:
Headquarter Tender Committee
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Block A, 4th Floor,
To reach the office on or before 12:00 noon Friday, 25th October 2013.
Pre-qualification document shall only be accepted on presentation of a bank draft in favour of Pipelines and Products Marketing Ltd for a non-refundable sum of N300,000.00 (Three Hundred Thousand Naira), only.