Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for the Development of a Medical Park in Lagos by Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMH)
Lagos State Government
Ministry of Health
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for the Development of a Medical Park in Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos State, with a population of over 20 million people and projected to be the 3rd largest megacity in the world by the end of 2015 is Nigeria’s economic and commercial nerve-centre.
In line with its policy thrust of making Lagos State more prosperous and safer by pursuing an inclusive economic and community development agenda built on improved infrastructure, healthy environment and educational attainment, the Lagos State Government (LASG) has commenced implementation of State Development Plan. As a key initiative for Social Development and Security, the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMH) has the mandate to position Lagos State as a prime global destination for persons in quest of qualitative medical care.
In this regard Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMH) desires to create a state of the art Medical Park (“the Park”) to provide a full spectrum of excellent high technology cutting-edge specialist medical and diagnostic services at a single location of 2 hectares of land along the prime Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMH) now seeks Expression of Interest from interested local and international parties, on the development of private hospitals/health centers at the medical park via a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
It is expected that the Park shall cater for general and specialty medical services tailored to meet the need of residents. It should include the provision of the following; with back-up diagnostic services for the polyclinics and in-patient facilities.
The asterisked services should be available on a 24/7; 365-day basis:
(A) Paediatrics including Neonatology (B) Internal Medicine including Gastroenterology and Neurology (C) Surgery including Neurosurgery and Urology (D) Obstetrics and Gynaecology (E) Cardiology (F) Orthopedics and Traumatology (G) Radiology (H) Emergency and Ambulance Services (I) Oncology (J) Clinical Support Services (i) Administrative (ii) Medical Records (iii) Laboratory Services (iv) Diagnostic Services (v) Security (vi) Pharmacy
(2.0) Requirements from Interested Parties
In order to be pre-qualified, the prospective party/consortia must possess the requisite capabilities and relevant experience in the provision of the required services. They are expected to submit comprehensive information that includes:
(2.1) Organisational Details
- Full name and nationality (country of registration) of the company and contact person, postal address, telephone, e-mail addresses and web site URL (if any)
- Brief description of the history and business of the respondent
- Ownership structure including name(s) of shareholders, percentage shareholdings, intermediate and ultimate holding company or beneficial owner
- Company registration including Certificate of Incorporation, certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and CAC Form C07 or the equivalent
- Most recent 3-Years Audited Financial Statements and latest Management Accounts if available
- Evidence of financial capacity to deliver the project as contemplated
- Evidence of previous experience and expertise in providing the required services locally and/or internationally including experience in PPP Initiatives where applicable. This should include the following details:
- Name of Project, Brief Description and Client(s)
- Scope of work, Role, Contract Value, Nature of Contract (PPP, Lump Sum etc.) and Contractual Period
- Name and address of related client’s referee
(22) Development Plan
A comprehensive development plan is the main thrust of this EOI and would engender further consideration of submissions. The State is open to suggestions on possible models with justification, especially in the areas of strategic purchase of services and/or sharing of facilities, contracting out/sharing of non-clinical responsibilities, price setting, cross-fertilization of expertise and experience sharing.
The summary of the proposed Medical Park Development Plan and Models proposed should include the following:
- Nature and scope of services to be provided – clinical and allied services, diagnostic and laboratory services, on-clinical supporting and ancillary facilities and services. The distribution of the floor areas among the proposed specialties and facilities should be provided
- Commercial overview of the plan – nature and source of investments/income required for design development, construction, operations, maintenance ; proposed allocation of profits to shareholders and improvement/extension of hospital services
- Implementation timeframe
- Human resources for Health arrangement: the proposed manpower plan
- The proposed arrangements for adopting standard operating protocols, price transparency etc.
- Preference shall be given to submissions that demonstrate exceptional value for money and operational
(3.0) Submission of Expression of Interest
Parties may express interest for some or all of the services.
The EOI submission should include;
- One (1) original copy and three (3) other copies of Expression of Interest to be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EOI -Medical Park Service” and delivered to the address below not later than 4th September, 2015 between the hours of 9.00a.m and 4.00p.m Monday-Friday.
The Permanent Secretary
Lagos State Ministry of Health
Alausa, Ikeja. Lagos
The EOI exercise is a prequalification exercise. Parties who therefore do not submit a response will be unable to participate in the subsequent procurement processes for the development of the subject site.
Furthermore, the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against LASG and/or LSMH by virtue of such consortia having responded to the EOI invitation.
All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this Request for Expression of Interest and any subsequent requests for information shall be for respondent’s account only
Permanent Secretary; Ministry of Health