Invitation for Pre-qualification/ Tender for Consultancy in Respect of an Engineering Project at National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA)
National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA)
Invitation for Pre-qualification/ Tender for Consultancy in Respect to an Engineering Project
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transport with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State invites reputable and qualified Consultants with relevant experience to Pre-qualify/Tender for the Consultancy Services in respect to the Dredging of Critical Points in the Channel of River Benue.
SCOPE OF WORK
The general scope of the supervision services would involve but not limited to the following:
- To act as the Project Manager.
- To ensure strict adherence to design specifications.
- To provide working drawings as may be necessary.
- To ensure that project is completed within the contract period.
- To ensure that the project is completed within the budget time frame.
- To amend the design where necessary but with the consent of the client.
- To report all site activities to the Client.
- To prepare both weekly and monthly reports on progress of the projects etc.
- Evidence of Company Incorporation/Registration with CAC.
- Evidence of Corporate registration with COREN.
- Profile list of key staff indicating their qualifications, education and employment records plus evidence of registration with professional bodies such as COREN, NSE
- Evidence of similar verifiable and successfully executed projects or ongoing by the Company with letters of Award and Completion Certificates (i.e. the last 5 years). Letters of Awards and Interim Certificates of Payments should be attached for projects that are ongoing.
- Evidence of Registration with the National Pension Commission and up-to-date remittances of employees’ Contributory Pension
- Evidence of ITF Contribution, in compliance with ITF Amended Act
- Audited accounts for the past three (3) years (2012-2014) certified by Charted Accountant/Auditor.
- VAT registration (copy of certificate required) and evidence of remittance in the last 3years (2012-2014) to be attached.
- Company’s current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years (i.e 2012- 2014).
- Name and Address of Bankers and Reference letter from such Banks.
- Detailed Company profile.
- Tender must be accompanied with a sworn Affidavit affirming that none of the bidders, Company Directors/ Principal, Officers has-ever-been convicted for any criminal offence/confirmation of Legal capacity to enter contract.
COLLECTION/SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested Consultants are to pay a non-refundable fee of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira only) in Bank draft made payable in favour of “National Inland Waterways Authority” to enable company collect the Tender documents from the Procurement Unit, NIWA Lokoja.
Tender documents should be written in English Language, signed and sealed in an envelope with “Tender” plus
“The Name of Project” written at the Top Left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Managing Director,
National Inland Waterways Authority,
Headquarters, Lokoja, Kogi State.
The Tender documents should be hand-delivered into the “Tender Box” at the NIWA Headquarters, not later than 12.00 noon on Friday, 17th July, 2015. The submission register must be signed at the point of submission.
OPENING OF TENDED DOCUMENTS
All Tender documents shall be opened on Friday, 17th July, 2015 at 12.30pm at the Conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja. All Bidders and or their Representatives, relevant Professional Bodies and NGOs are invited to witness the Opening exercise accordingly.
Only Consultants who were adjudged successful in the Pre-qualification Evaluation will be invited to submit Financial Tenders and to be opened at a date to be communicated to those concerned.
- Submission of Technical document to NIWA is neither a commitment nor an obligation to award contract to any Consultant or his agent.
- This advertisement should not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIWA or shall it entitle any Consultant to make any claim whatsoever or seek any indemnity from
- Original documents should be available for sighting on demand in the course of the procurement process.
- Due diligence would be observed as all documented claims by the Consultants are subject to verification.
- NIWA reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received for this tender process
- Late submission shall be rejected.