University Of Lagos, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification Exercise
The University wishes to invite reputable and seasoned contracting firms with proven track record and expertise in the relevant areas of the under-listed advertised projects to express interest;
|S/No||Project||Contract Number||Scope||Non-Refundable Pre-Qualification Fees|
|Upgrade of Tafawa Balewa/ Commercial Link Road||UL/CP/14/07||The project comprises the upgrade of an existing earth road linking the Tafawa Balewa Road to the Commercial Road. The Road shall be a double carriage road of approximately 1km in length with asphalt overlay and link bridges at certain Intervals.||20,000|
|Rehabilitation of Control Valve of Main water Distribution Tank||UL/CP/14/08||The project scope will include the rehabilitation and automation of operation of 12″ (300mm diameter) faulty high pressure Valve of the University main Distribution Tank to electrical gear control switch.||20,000|
|Supply and Installation of 1000KVA/0.415 Packaged Substation||UL/CP/14/09||The project will include the supply and installation of 1000KVA/0.415 packaged Sub-station.||20,000|
1A Compulsory and Mandatory Requirements
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Company Audited Account for the last three years duly stamped
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three(3)years
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) registration
- Evidence of registration with National Pension Commission, in compliance with the provisions of section 16 (6)(d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as related to Pensions
- Evidence of compliance with the statutory provision of section 6 (1) (3) of the (ITF ) Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
- Evidence of payment of the non refundable Pre-qualification Fees at the UNILAG Cash Office or Bank Certified Cheque
Please note that failure to provide the requirements 1A (i) – (vii) above will automatically disqualify the Bidder.
1B. Other Requirements:
- List and source of equipment to be used for the project.
- Indication of Technical and Administrative Staff strength, with academic/professional qualifications and years of experience of key personnel available for the project.
- Bank reference from a reputable Bank.
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed or being executed in Nigeria over the last five years stating, type, cost with evidence of award and completion.
Collection of Documents
Pre qualification forms shall be made available to interested companies on presentation of the receipt issued at the Cash Office of the University in respect of the Pre qualification exercise, from the office of:
Works and Physical Planning Department
Commercial Road (Near FO Petrol Station)
University of Lagos
Submission of Documents
The Pre qualification documents, neatly arranged, spiral bound and sealed in an envelope should be identified with the project contract number at the top left hand corner of the envelope and marked as “Pre Qualification Documents For (Please state the specific project)” and submitted to;
The Registrar Fifth Floor, Senate House
C/o Council Affairs Office
University of Lagos
Not later than 12:00noon on the 9th of July, 2014. Bid will be opened at the University Council Chambers in the presence of the prospective Contractors immediately after the close of submission. Attendance at this opening event is important.
Participation in the Pre – qualification exercise and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Lagos. It is precondition for further consideration of bid in line with Due Process.
Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo F. Ipaye, MNIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council