Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Submission of Tender at Federal University of Agriculture
Federal University of Agriculture
P.M.B. 2240, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Submission of Tender
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) is desirous of undertaking a Pre-qualification exercise and Tender submission for the under-listed projects. Consequently, the University wishes to invite reputable Contractors to indicate interest in the submission of Technical and Financial bids for the projects. The projects are as follows:
|Non-Refundable pre-qualification Fee
|Deployment of Campus Wide Internet Coverage (cable and wireless) for the main campus and other Annexes of the University||N50,000.00
|Establishment of an adequate, modern and Secured Data Centre for the University to accommodate all servers rendering services to the University||N20,000.00
|Supply and Installation of Power Backup i.e Uninterrupted Power Solutions, Inverters, Solar Power systems to sustain all the components for the distribution of campus wide internet coverage and Data Centre||N20,000.00
The specifications detailed below correspond to me minimum requirements of the equipment. Bidders are required to quote for superior components and products with comparable prices.
|Wireless Access Point (WAP) Specifications|
|AP should support 802.3af PoE/ PoE+ ports with 10/100/1000BaseT capability. Should have dual radios to support IEEE 802. 1la/b/g/n standards simultaneously in 2.4 and 5Ghz bands as permitted by the regulatory body in Nigeria.|
|Both ceiling and wall mounting options should be available. Should also have mast mounting for outdoor antennas.|
|Operating channels should be as allowed by the regulatory body in Nigeria.|
|The APs should support the following data rates: 54Mbps, 48Mbps, 36Mbps, 24Mbps. 12Mbps, 12Mbps, 9Mbps, and 6Mbps and also 2 Mbps & 1 Mbps.|
|Transmit Power less or less increments as per regulatory body in Nigeria|
|Environmental Specifications for Outdoor Wireless Access Points
|1||Should withstand temperature in the range 1 0-40°C|
|Should withstand relative humidity in the range 1 0-90% non condensing.|
|Should support storage and transportation temperature in the range of 0-60°C.|
|4||Should have weather rating of rP66/IP67|
|5||The antenna should have a transmit power of at least 20dBm|
Note: the pre-qualified Contractors should include one (1) year comprehensive warranty for each of the items to be supplied.
|Item||Capable of Handling AP Quantity|
|Redundant controller capable of supporting at least 2000 access points even in a situation in which 50% of the controller has failed.
|Wireless Access Point
|Access points (Dual Radio Dual Band) with Access
Point mounting kit and power adapter.
|Installation and configuration of controller and AP 1 R4
|AMC||Comprehensive AMC for three (3) years. (Four hours response time with 99% uptime commitment. This should be available on 24×7 basis).|
|All Power backup solutions|
i. The University Main campus has an area size of about 10,000Ha circumference with a population of about eighteen (18) thousand.
ii. Annex (A) INHURD has an area of about 3Ha circumference with a population of about five (5) thousand and it is 12.7 km away from the main campus.
iii. Other annexes are located around and between the main campus and Annex (A) with an average distance of about 3 – 4km.
Contractors are hereby requested to indicate their interest in participating in the Pre-qualification and Tender exercise. Only Tenders submitted by qualified
Contractors shall be opened.
Pre-Qualification and Tender Requirements
To be considered, potential companies are required to submit their tender in accordance with the above specifications for the works. Intending Contractors must submit all the under-listed verifiable documents for the purpose of pre-qualification:
- Evidence of Payment of non-refundable pre-qualification fee.
- Evidence of company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company with CAC07.
- Corporate profile, to include list, CVs, and copies of Credentials of company and technical staff, indicating qualifications and year(s) of cognate experience and registration with necessary professional bodies.
- Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years duly stamped.
- Copy of VAT registration and evidence of past VAT remittances for completed projects.
- Current Company’s audited Statement of Accounts duly stamped by a registered Auditor.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Commission (PENCOM) and Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act.
- Original Bank Statement for the past Twelve Months.
- Bank Reference from reputable Bank with evidence of overdraft Facilities of at least Fifty Million Naira, and cash at Bank of at least Fifty Million Naira (N50m).
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed or being executed within the last Five (5) years, indicating type, cost, location and evidence of award and completion.
- List of equipment to be used for the projects, listed as owned, hired or leased, with evidence.
- Company’s registered address, functional contact address, GSM phone number(s) and e- mail addresses.
- Reference letters from Three (3) previous clients of similar projects, satisfactorily completed. The completed project must consist of a minimum of 50 access points during the period.
- Original copies of documents would be requested to be made available for sighting whenever required.
- A sworn Affidavit certifying that:
- the documents submitted for the pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine but correct
- the Director(s) seeking for pre-qualification have never been convicted by any court of law
- the company is not bankrupt
- none of the Officers of FUNAAB or BPP is a former or present Director of the company
For further inquiries, please contact the Director, ICT Resource Centre at International Scholars and Resource Centre, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Submission of Pre-Qualification and Tender Documents
The pre-qualification and tender documents arranged in the order listed above are to be submitted in A4 size, paged and neatly bound and sealed in two separate envelopes indicating either pre-qualification or tender document as appropriate, project title and name of Company. Intending Contractors are to submit four (4) copies of pre-qualification documents and one (1) copy of tender document. The pre-qualification and tender documents bound separately in two different envelopes are to be sealed in one big envelope marked “SECRET – Pre-qualification and Tender for…” (Quoting the appropriate project’s name boldly written on the top right hand comer of the envelope) and delivered to:
The Head, Procurement Unit
Room A136, Unity Building ‘A’
Federal University of Agriculture,
P.M.B. 2240, Abeokuta, Ogun State
To reach him not later than Tuesday 22nd October, 2013 at 12.00 noon
Opening of Tender Documents
The Tender documents will be opened on Tuesday 22nd October, 2013 at 12.00 noon same day at Senate Chamber of the University.
- This invitation is for Pre-qualification and tender for the projects.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements would automatically result in disqualification.
- The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made on the Pre-qualification documents submitted by companies.
- The University reserves the right to reject any pre-qualification documents and is neither committed nor obliged to give reasons for the rejection of any of the companies responding to this invitation.
- The tenders of the pre-qualified contractors for the projects would be opened.
Mr. Mathew O. Ayoola (JP)