Pre-Qualification of Prospective Contractors for the Dismantling of Old Steam Boiler #2(70B02), Supply and Installation of New Steam Boiler #2(70B02) at Port Harcourt Refining Company Limited
Port Harcourt Refining Company Limited
A Subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Pre-Qualification of Prospective Contractors for the Dismantling of Old Steam Boiler #2(70B02), Supply and Installation of New Steam Boiler #2(70B02) at PHRC Ltd
Port Harcourt Refining Company Limited (PHRC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), has four steam boilers originally built by Fives-Cail Babcock France each with a capacity of 120 metric tons/hr and steam design pressure of 52kg/cm2G.
Steam Boiler #s 2 was commissioned 1987; boiler #2 was however de-commissioned in May 2009 due to failure of the boiler tubes. In order to meet the steam requirement of PHRC process Plant, there is a need to replace the Steam Boiler #s 2. PHRC wishes to take full advantage of this replacement by providing more modern boiler that are environmental friendly, with improve vapourising bank design for easy access to tubes for maintenance purposes and state of the art DCS/Instrumentation/Control Systems.
PHRC would like a technical proposal of new steam boilers with improve efficiency, safety and operability.
Purpose of the Project
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) wishes to replace steam boiler # 2 with a capacity of 120 metric tons/hr and steam design pressure of 52kg/cm2G at Port Harcourt Refining Company Limited Alesa-Eleme Rivers State.
Proposals are therefore invited from reputable Companies for the replacement of the Steam Boiler # 2.
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes but not limited to Engineering Design and Project Management, procurement and delivery of materials for each of the boilers to PHRC including special tools. Dismantling of existing steam Boiler #s 2, Construction of new boiler foundations or repair of existing foundations to suit the new boilers if required, installation of the new steam Boiler # 2, mandatory non-destructive examinations, hydrostatic test of each boiler at 78kg/cm2G, Electrical and instrumentations works for each of the Boilers, insulation and refractory works for each of the Boilers, installation of ancillary equipment like Forced Draft Fans, piping networks, re-heaters/pre-heaters, dryers, baffles, cyclones, pressure safety valves, burners, attemperator, DCS, local control panel (to be installed in the Control Room), superheater coils etc, pre-commissioning/commissioning works, wash out and start-up operations, acceptance testing after mechanical completion and provision of two years spare parts for each Boiler.
Collection of Bid Document
All companies wishing to express their interest to bid for this project shall collect the tenders documents upon payment of a non-refundable bid fee of N500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) with a bank draft to PHRC Limited.
Qualification Requirements for the Bidders
By this publication, PHRC hereby invite competent, reputable and experienced Engineering Contractors to bid for the required services. Interested companies should submit competitive Commercial bid with Technical bid documents detailing their Company’s capabilities, relevant experience and financial status. Potential contractors (with relevant experience only) will have an advantage over others upon submission of the following documents:
(1) Full details of company profile including Nigeria Shareholding, Certificates of Incorporation, certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) form C.07 in Nigeria, complete with authorised signatures attested by Board resolution by directors in case of limited liability company or an attested copy by the shareholders of the company in case of partnership firm by approved notary.
(2) Evidence of Company’s presence in Nigeria; a duly certified MoU with a registered Nigerian Company to be attached where Company is not physically present in Nigeria. The MoU shall be duly certified by a Notary Public or by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction.
(3) In case of Joint venture, agreements, if any, should be legally /technically valid and certified true copy should be enclosed and separately sent by the Joint venture partner from offshore direct to the MD, PHRC confirming the interest and validity of Joint venture from country of Joint venture by registered post.
(4) Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2012, 2013 and 2014) Yearly Turnover of N1.5 Billion for the last three years.
(5) Audited Account for the Past three years (2012, 2013 and 2014).
(6) Copy of current Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) registration certificate in relevant category to operate as a contractor in the oil industry
(7) Certificate of current registration with NIPEX.
(8) Bank reference (s) from reputable bank (s).
(9) Evidence of compliance with the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act 2011 by inclusion of copy of Compliance Certificate from ITF
(10) Evidence of compliance with part IV, 16(d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as it relates to PENSION (Certificate or exemption from PENCOM) and Section 1(2) Pension Reform Act 2004.
(11) Value Added Tax (VAT) registration and evidence of past VAT remittance.
(12) Organizational structure and available work force (with proposed organisational chart for this specific project and verifiable CVs with relevant experience).
Note: Failure to meet items 1, 2,4, and 5 are Fatal Flaws – will lead to automatic disqualification
(13) Company’s CASHES and QA/QC policy including proposed plan for this specific project.
(14) Relevant and verifiable cognate experience with NNPC, or other organizations, on similar works in the past five-(5) years stating the:
(i) Title of project (s)
(ii) Brief description of project (s)
(iv) Scope of work performed
(v) Date of award of contract(s)/ contract value
(vi) Contractual period for execution of project
(vii) Actual period of execution/ completion certificates
(viii) Reasons for discrepancies between (vi) & (vii) above if any
(ix) Nature of contract (fixed, lump sum, reimbursable, etc).
(x) Name and address of a referee in Client Company for each project indicated (provide telephone numbers, fax and e-mail address for quick reference).
(15) List and evidence of equipment and technical capability for this project.
(16) Proposed delivery and payment terms for the work or project.
(17) Nigerian Content:
- Evidence of presence in Nigeria.
- Plan indicating utilization of Nigerian Materials, goods, Services and Manpower including COREN certified personnel.
- Established presence in Nigeria including investment(s) and plan for training / transfer of technology to Nigerians.
(18) Any additional information that would enhance the potentials of the company.
(19) Only proposal from relevant experienced Engineering and construction firms with financial capability and sound technical knowledge shall be considered for commercial evaluation.
Submission of Bids
Three hard copies, each with e-copy in CD or Flash drive in two separate envelopes sealed and marked “Confidential”; (a) Technical and Unpriced Commercial, (b) Price Commercial should reach the address given below, not later than Tuesday 29th September, 2015 at 4:00pm.
R & P Dexcom Tenders Board,
Block D, First Floor, Room 45B,
Central Business District, Abuja
You should provide PHRC with a letter of Authority to investigate all claims made especially as it relates to your previous relevant experiences.
Please note the following:
(1) The commercial bids of any company that failed to satisfy technical bid conditions will not be opened for evaluation and therefore stand disqualified.
(2) PHRC reserves absolute discretion and right to either accept or reject any documents and it shall not be required to assign a reason for refusal to open your bid or to enter any correspondence concerning the selection of any contractor for the services.
(3) All cost incurred by you as a result of this bidding exercise and any subsequent request for information shall be at your expense.
(4) The inspection of the job at PHRC site commences from this publication on Tuesday & Thursday (between 10am to 3pm) with the first two weeks.
(5) All the interested companies shall pay a non-refundable bid fee of N500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) to collect the bid documents.
(6) The bidding exercise and any related process neither creates any commitment by PHRC nor establishes any legal relationship.