Invitation to Pre-Qualify for the Consultancy Services of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the Proposed 24” X 5 KM Gas Pipeline and Associated TIE-INS from Obigbo Compressor Station – Obigbo North Station (Obigbo Node) in Rivers State at Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria.
Invitation to Pre-Qualify for the Consultancy Services of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the Proposed 24” X 5 KM Gas Pipeline and Associated TIE-INS from Obigbo Compressor Station – Obigbo North Station (Obigbo Node) in Rivers State.
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) intends to engage the services of a reputable consultancy firm to carry out the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the proposed 24” x 5 Km Gas Pipeline and Associated Tie-ins from Obigbo Compressor Station – Obigbo North Station (Obigbo Node) in Rivers State. By this publication, competent EIA consultancy firms are invited to submit pre-qualification documentation for the required consultancy services for the project.
(2) Description of Scope of Works
The proposed 24” x 5 Km gas pipeline is to be installed within the existing 25 m Right of Way (RoW), in parallel with the 14” Alakiri and 16” PHCN – Obigbo Node gas pipeline. The project is a priority segment of the Early Gas Phase of the Trans – Nigeria Gas Pipeline (TNGP).
The scope of work includes but not limited to:
- Preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR) document acceptable to the Federal Ministry of Environment and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
- Baseline studies of project area to determine the position of the environment prior to the project development.
- Study of the Associated and Potential Environmental Impacts of the project implementation on the general area, using predetermined measurements as supplied by both Federal Ministry of Environment and Department of petroleum Resources.
- Compare the measurement against those gathered from the baseline studies.
- Liaising with the affected communities and documenting the agreement reached, as part of the implementation report. Such agreements shall contain names, addresses, occupation, educational background, understanding of the project implementations, etc. of those interviewed.
- Develop a sampling map indicating sample points that is acceptable to Federal Ministry of Environment and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
- Carry out sampling for both Dry and Wet seasons and conduct acceptable laboratory analyses. Method of analysis used to reach conclusion shall be clearly stated and must conform to Federal Ministry of Environment and Department of Petroleum Resources standards.
- Develop and recommend mitigation/alternative measures for planned works, environment monitoring plans during the project development and commissioning period.
- Develop preliminary report acceptable to Federal Ministry of Environment and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and obtain Interim Certificate of Clearance from the Regulatory agencies to enable construction works to proceed.
- Attend to all queries raised by the regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that Gas Infrastructure Division is issued with twenty (20) copies of each set of the Draft Reports and Final Reports.
- Liaise with the Regulatory agencies and ensure that the various reports are approved and certificate of Clearance is issued with minimum delay.
- Attend all the various stages of hearing on EIA draft report, take note of all review issues raised by the Review Panel and incorporate all review comments into the Final Report. The Final Report, which must be acceptable to the Regulatory agencies, shall be twenty (20) copies plus two (2) electronic copies (CD ROM).
- Carry out all additional analyses required on account of repairing deficiencies from the Draft Final EIA
- Carry out reconnaissance survey of the project location prior to the commencement of EIA
- Any other work necessary for the realization of the project even though not stated in the scope of works.
Tentative Time Schedule
NNPC plans to award the Contract for the EIA studies before the end of Q3, 2015.
(3) Contracting Strategy
All companies wishing to express their interest to bid for this consultancy service shall submit relevant documentation for pre-qualification as stipulated in item 4 below. Only” companies that are adjudged successful in the pre-qualification exercise shall be invited to collect tender documents for the consultancy services for the Environmental Impact Assessment of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the proposed 24” X 5 km Gas Pipeline and associated tie-ins from Obigbo Compressor Station – Obigbo North Station (Obigbo Node) in Rivers State.
(4) Pre-Qualification Requirements
NNPC, in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007 and Bureau for Public Procurement guidelines, request interested companies to submit the details listed hereunder in their pre-qualification bid documents:
- An abridged Company profile containing evidence of similar jobs undertaken within the last 5 years. Please attach job completion certificates.
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years 2012, 2013 and 2014 Company’s audited financial reports for the last three (3) years, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- For locally established companies; Company Registration Certificate from Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Evidence of current registration with NNPC, FMEnv, DPR, and NIPEX, PENCOM and ITF.
- Detailed Nigerian content plan in accordance with NCDMB Act, 2010.
- CVs of key personnel for the project.
- Provide with verifiable evidence list of equipment/tools owned and or to be sourced by the company.
- Confirm willingness to commence with the execution of this Consultancy Services on the basis of letter of Intent (LOI).
- Company’s CASHES and QA/QC Policy; Demonstrable ability and verifiable evidence to handle very volatile host communities and topical community issues; Details of Safety records for accidents, incidents, injuries and damages for the past three (3) years e.g. Lost Time Incidents, Down-Time etc.
- Any additional information that will enhance the potentials of the company.
Tenderers are required to provide all the above requested information. Notwithstanding the submission of requested documentation, NNPC is neither committed nor obliged to include any bidder on the tender list or award any form of contract to company or associates.
(6) Important Notes:
- NNPC plans to award the contract to a competent and established EIA Consultancy Firm that will deliver the project on a fast track schedule.
- Your company shall provide NNPC with a letter of Authority to verify all claims made in your submissions.
- This is not an invitation to Tender. Only companies adjudged qualified by NNPC under this pre-qualification procedure shall be invited to participate in the competitive tender.
- NNPC reserves the right and discretion to either accept or reject any documents and it shall not be required to assign a reason for refusal to invite your company to participate in the bidding exercise or to enter any correspondence concerning the selection of any contractor for the services.
- All costs incurred by your company as a result of this pre-qualification exercise and any subsequent request for information shall be to your account.
- Detailed responsibilities for the tenderer are contained in the ITT document that will be issued upon response to this publication
(7) Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
The requested information and any supporting documents in respect of these requirements should be submitted in one original plus three duplicate hard copies and two electronic copies (CD ROM). The documents shall be in a single package sealed and marked:
“Pre-Qualification for Consultancy Services for the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the Proposed 5 Km X 24” Gas Pipeline From Obigbo Compressor Station – Obigbo North Station (Obigbo Node)’ and addressed to:
Gas & Power Dexcom Tenders Board,
Room 45B, 1st Floor, Block D,
Central Business District,
To reach him not later than 4pm., on Monday, 24th August, 2015