Pre-qualification to tender for the Construction of Female Hostel at Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
(Office of the Registrar)
Invitation for Pre-Qualification for 2013 Special Presidential Needs Assessment Intervention
The Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH), Yola wishes to construct a Female Hostel complex within its main campus in Yola. Consequently contractors with the requisite technical and managerial capacity are hereby invited to submit pre-qualification documents for subsequent tendering process.
The Works consists of Construction of Female Hostel comprising of 73No bedrooms, 3No common room, general offices, porters office, toilets, laundry, kitchen, shops, waiting room, and external works.
The main building is a multi-storey concrete framed structure on ground beams, Roof is 0.55.m guage Longspan coloured aluminium corrugated roofing sheets on structural steel trusses generally with concrete gutters finished with mineral fibre felt and terrazzo. Walls are made of hollow sandcrete blocks laid stretcher and precast blocks in cement and sand mortar (1:3). Doors are double leaf single swing security door complete with steel frame and ironmongery and solid core hardwood flush and panel doors with Steel Frames. Windows are factory glazed powder coated aluminum casement and projected windows with 6mm clear glass and steel burglar bars. Fittings and fixtures are made of laminated finished plywood wardrobes for rooms and offices with concrete worktops in
laundry and kitchens. Wall finishing includes cement and sand mortar (1:3) and
emulsion paint generally externally and internally as well as brick facing tiles to the external. Floor finishing is terrazzo generally with vitrified unglazed ceramic tiles in the toilets. Ceiling finishings are acoustic suspended ceiling boards with emulsion paint on rendered soffits generally. Wardrobes are with laminated finished generally, Electrical Installations include lighting and power fittings and sockets which are all served with pvc insulated cables in G.I. conduits. Mechanical/plumbing installations are with upvc and galvanized iron pipes with all necessary fittings and sanitary appliances. Ventilation and A/C installations are wall mounted splits with extractor fans in toilet areas. External works shall include fencing, gates, porters’ area, waiting area, paved walkways, kerbs and general landscaping.
Intending Contractors are required to submit all of the under-listed verifiable documents:
(1) Certificate of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
(2) Audited account for the last three years (2012, 2013 and 2014)
(3) Current Tax clearance certificate
(4) VAT registration certificate
(5) List of equipment proposed for the project indicating whether owned or to be hired or leased.
(6) Letter from bankers on the current financial standing of the organization
(7) Evidence of organization’s average annual turn-over in last three years is not less than N500m.
(8) Evidence of compliance with pension reform act (PenCom)
(9) Evidence of compliance with the statutory provision on ITF
(10) List of similar projects executed within the last five years with copies of letters of award and certificate of completion.
(11) List of current projects at hand and the current stage of works with copies of letters of award.
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
All Pre-Qualification information should be enclosed in a sealed envelope boldly marked: Pre-qualification to tender for the Construction of Female Hostel” at the top right corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Modibbo Adama University of Technology,
The envelope containing the Pre-Qualification documents shall be submitted to the office of the Registrar, New Senate Building of the University not later than 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 27th of May, 2015
Opening of Pre-Qualification Documents
Pre-Qualification documents shall be publicly opened immediately after the close of submission of such by 12:00noon on Wednesday, 27th of May, 2015. Representatives of respondent companies are by this advertisement invited to witness the Pre-Qualification documents opening process.
(1) Late submissions and unsigned documents will be rejected.
(2) Only qualified firms/companies shall be short-listed and formally invited to the competitive tender bidding for the said project; however submission of Pre-Qualification does not guarantee inclusion in the bid list.
(3) Qualified Companies will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of N50, 000.00 (fifty thousand naira) only to the Bursary Department (University Revenue Account at the University Micro-Finance Bank).
(4) This invitation for Pre-Qualification should not be construed to be commitment on the part of the consultants/university for Contract Award nor right for the Tenderers to make claims whatsoever and seek indemnity from the consultants/university, by virtue of responding to this advertisement.
(5) Contractors are advised to page their Pre-Qualification documents
(6) For further enquires, contact the Director, Physical Planning Unit at the Administration Block of the University;
Alh. Ibrahim Ahmadu Ribadu