Invitation to Tender at Nigerian Prisons Service
Ministry of Interior
Nigerian Prisons Service
National Headquarters, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja
Invitation to Tender
1. Furtherance to the implementation of Constituency Projects as provided for in the 2013 Budget and in compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Nigerian Prisons Service intends to award contracts of works in Chain and Suleja Federal Constituency of Gombe and Niger State respectively.
2. Objectives: The projects are aimed at improving the Prison conditions as it affects the welfare of inmates in these constituencies.
The Nigerian Prisons Service therefore invites submission of Bids from suitable and reputable companies/contractors having the experience cum the Technical and Financial capability to undertake the defined scope of works.
3. Scope Of Works
|Construction of Perimeter Fence (240m) at Cham Satellite Prison|
|Construction of Admin Block at Cham Satellite Prison|
|Construction of Perimeter Fence (700m) at Suleja New Prison|
- Eligibility Criteria: Bidders are required to submit documents stated here under:
i. Certificate of Incorporation With CAC.
ii. Tax Clearance Certificate for the immediate past three (3) years.
iii. Company’s audited accounts for the last three (3) years.
iv. Evidence of Registration/Payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
v. Evidence of Compliance with Employees compensation remittance to Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
vi. Evidence of Compliance with National Pension Commission (PENCOM) Requirements on Contribution.
vii. VAT Registration and Evidence of Remittance in the last 3 years.
viii. Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the project. Bank Reference and Letter of Credit facility from a reputable commercial Bank with a commitment to provide loan facility for the execution of the contract if eventually won.
ix. List of similar, verifiable and successful executed projects or on-going by the company with the letter of award and completion certificate in the last 3 years.
x. List of managerial, key technical and administrative staff of the company which should includes names, years of experience, CV and copies of certificate of each key staff.
xi. List of equipment owned or on leased by the company relevant for smooth execution of the projects. Evidence of ownership, leased certificate and picture with company logo is added advantage
xii. A Sworn affidavit certifying that none of the Prison Procurement Staff is at present a Director or staff of the company,
Original Treasury Receipt of non-refundable tender processing fee of N10, 000.00 only.
5. Collection Of Bid Documents:
Prospective firms are to pay the non-refundable processing fee of N10,000.00 only into Nigerian Prisons Service Account No. 0000972323 with the Access Bank and obtain a Bank Teller. Thereafter obtain Treasury receipt at the Prison Cash Office NHQ, Abuja.
Bid documents can be obtained from the Technical Unit of the Procurement Department (Capital) Room 111 1st Floor, National Headquarters, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja on presentation of Treasury Receipt of non-refundable tender processing fee of N 10,000.00.
- Submission Of Bids: The prospective BIDDERS shall enclose two (2) separate envelopes clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial” and each should be dropped separately in the tender boxes (provided at the Prison Headquarters Pavilion) which shall bear the Contract No., Project Description, Name and Address of the company which should be addressed to:
Head of Procurement,
Nigerian Prisons Service,
National Headquarters Office,
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road
P.M.B. 16 Garki-Abuja
- Tender opens from Monday 26th August, 2013 and closes Tuesday 8th October, 2013 at 12.00 noon. The Bids shall be opened IMMEDIATELY.
- On the account that bid documents are submitted in any other location other than the address given makes the submission invalid.
- Notwithstanding the submission of the bids, Nigerian Prisons Service is neither committed nor obliged to include your company on any bidders list or to award any form of contract to your company and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
- The Service will deal only with authorized officers of the bidding companies and not an individual agent.
- Nigerian Prisons may decide to cancel any procurement at any stage.
- Only the financial bids of shortlisted firms that meet the technical evaluation criteria shall be opened at a later date.
- The Bid documents obtained from Technical Unit should be completed and signed by the bidding company.
- Late submissions shall be rejected.
This advertisement of ‘Invitation to Tender’ shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of Nigerian Prisons Service, nor shall it entitle bidders to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from Nigerian Prisons Service by virtue of such bidders having responded to this advertisement. Neither will the Nigerian Prisons Service incure any liability in an event that the procurement is cancelled.
Head of Procurement For:
Controller General of Prisons