Invitation to Tender at Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
Invitation to Tender
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) in fulfillment of its mandate in the aviation transformation roadmap and in accordance with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, invites interested and eligible contractors to tender for the execution of the following project which is to be funded through the 2013 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) budget.
2. Construction of 6 No. FM Radio Houses in the 6 Geo-Political Zones
It is important for bidders to note that in order to forestall the negative impacts of weather induced disasters on the nation’s economy, the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) has planned to procure and install Six (6) No. FM Radio Stations in the Six (6) Geo-Political Zones of the Country. The stations will be operated as Weather Radio Stations for the effective and timely dissemination of meteorological information, particularly early warning weather alerts to bridge the existing information gap between the Agency and the vulnerable public. Therefore, the project (construction of 6 No. FM Radio Houses) is part of efforts to actualize the plan,
3. Qualification Requirements
Interested bidders are expected to meet all requirements specified in the Bid Documents which include:
- Evidence of incorporation in Nigeria (CAC forms CO2 and CO7).
- Submission of immediate past three years’ tax clearance certificate, (i.e. 2010, 2011, 2012).
- Immediate past three years’ audited accounts of the company (2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Evidence of registration and remittance of Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Evidence of compliance with the relevant provisions of the Pensions Reform Act 2004
- Company Profile
- Evidence of key professional staff with relevant experience and registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar jobs successfully executed within the last five years. Such evidence shall be in form of valid letters of award of contract, contract agreements and/or completion certificates or interim payment certificates, where such jobs are still in progress. Proven integrity of performed projects is added advantage.
- Verifiable evidence of availability through ownership and/or leasehold of appropriate equipment/machinery to be deployed for the execution of the project.
- Evidence of financial capability and availability of bank support if awarded the contract. Please note that bankers’ letter merely stating that the applicant operates an account within a turnover range is not an adequate evidence of financial capability. (Adhere to the format as contained in the Bid Documents.)
4. Collection of Bid Documents
A complete set of relevant documents in English language may be obtained from the address below on payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only payable in cash to NIMET bank account (3362001620, ECO Bank) or Bank Draft issued in favour of Nigerian Meteorological Agency, Collection time is between 9.00am and 4.00pm from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
5. Submission of Bid Documents
Bids must be delivered in an envelope containing two separately sealed envelopes marked technical and financial bids to the address below on or before 12:00 noon on Thursday, 5th December 2013. Bids will not be collected after this period. The name and mailing address of the bidder, including valid contact telephone number must be clearly marked on the envelopes and delivered at the address below.
6. Opening of Bids
Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of representatives of companies, who choose to be present at the Agency’s Conference room at 12:00 noon immediately after the deadline for submission of bids. This advertisement also serves as an invitation to all stakeholders and the general public to the bids opening.
7. Bid Security
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2 per cent of the bid value.
8. Note: Bidders who do not scale through the technical evaluation stage shall have their financial bid(s) returned unopened.
For Enquiries, please call
07037775161 (Head of Procurement) OR
08066362696 (Desk Officer-Documents)
This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIMET nor shall it entitle responding contractors to seek any indemnity from NIMET by virtue of the contractors having responded to the advertisement.
NIMET reserves the right to verify claims made by any bidder.
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency is not obliged to accept toe lowest or any tender.
Nigerian Meteorological Agency,
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre, Nnamdi Azikiwe
International Airport, Abuja.