University of Maiduguri
(Procurement Planning Committee)
Invitation for Pre-Qualification to Tender for Intervention Projects
The University of Maiduguri is hereby inviting interested competent contractors to bid in the pre-tender qualification exercise for the following Intervention Projects which it intends to implement.
(A) Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities
Special Presidential Intervention Projects Phase II
(1) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Science Laboratories
(2) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Engineering Laboratories and Workshops
(3) Rehabilitation of Geography Laboratory and Faculty of Law Library
(4) Rehabilitation of General Agric. Laboratories
(5) Rehabilitation Ramat Library
(6) Rehabilitation of College of Medical Sciences Laboratories
(7) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Vet Medicine Laboratories
(8) Agric. Engineering Workshop Reservoir Provision
(9) Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for Microbiology
(10) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Faculty of Pharmacy
(11) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Chemistry Dept.
(12) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Radiography Dept.
(13) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Physics Dept.
(14) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Geology Dept.
(15) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Vet Physiology, Vet Biochemistry, Vet Pharm/Toxicology.
(16) Procurement of Laboratory equipment for Vet Surgery, Vet Anesthesiology, Vet Diagnostic Imaging, Vet Theriogenology.
(17) Rehabilitation/Renovation of Econometrics Laboratory
(18) Construction of Small Animal House/Laboratory
(19) Rehabilitation of Workshops at WPP&DD
(20) Supply of Workshop Services Equipment
(21) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Management Sciences offices
(22) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Law offices
(23) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Agriculture offices
(24) Rehabilitation of Arabic & Islamic Studies offices
(25) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Arts (Red Bricks) offices
(26) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Education Offices at Old Academic Area
(27) Rehabilitation of Centre for Arid Zone Studies
(28) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Science Offices (Essien Udom Court)
(29) Rehabilitation of Jibril Aminu Court, College of Medical Sciences
(30) Rehabilitation of Senior Staff Establishment Office Block
(31) Rehabilitation of Admission, Research & Sanitation Office Block
(32) Rehabilitation of Audit/Duty Room Office Block
(33) Rehabilitation of Exams & Records/Post Office Block
(34) Supply of Furniture & Office Equipment for Registry Offices
(35) Supply of Furniture/Equipment for Dilara Building Offices
(36) Rehabilitation of PPU/APU/Landscape Unit office complex
(37) Rehabilitation of History Department offices
(38) Rehabilitation of Affiliated Colleges Unit
(39) Rehabilitation of Mass Communication/Islamic Studies Block
(40) Rehabilitation of Geology Department offices
(41) Rehabilitation/Office Extension for Works, Physical Planning & Dev.
(42) Supply of Furniture office equipment for Works, P. P. & Dev.
(43) Rehabilitation of Bursary Department Wing B (Bookshop)
(44) Rehabilitation of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Offices
(45) Rehabilitation of Admin. Offices & Auditorium at Medical College
(46) Rehabilitation of Bank of the North Halls 1 &2
(47) Rehabilitation of Bello Kirfi Hall
(48) Rehabilitation of El-Kanemi Hall
(49) Supply of Classrooms Furniture at the Old Academic Area
(50) Supply of Furniture/Office Equipment for Faculty of Science Depts.
(51) Supply of Furniture/Office Equipment for Faculty of Law Depts.
(52) Supply of Furniture/Office Equipment for Faculty of Mgt. Science Depts,
(53) Supply of Furniture/Office Equipment for College of Med. Science Depts.
(54) Supply of Furniture/Office Equipment for Faculty of Vet. Med. Depts.
(55) External works at new Faculty of Pharmacy and Pre-Clinical Building
(56) External works at 1000/500 Twin Seats Lecture Theatres.
(57) External Drainage Works Gate 1 to Gate 5
(58) Construction of P & H. Education Theatre Complex
(59) Electricity Extensions to Toilet facilities and other classroom/theatre conveniences
(60) Extention of Electricity to Animal Teaching Farm
(61) Construction of two blocks of 10 compartment VIP Toilets
(62) Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Campus Water Supply Network (Phase 2)
(63) Electricity and Backup Supply Extension to Boreholes & Water discharge tanks (Phase 2)
(64) Deployment of major components of campus wide Fibre based LAN and Wireless Cloud Infrastructure
(65) Supply of Water/Electricity Supply Tools & Equipment
(66) Rehabilitation of NUGA Indoor Sports Hall
(67) Rehabilitation of Indoor Sports Hall at Tafawa Balewa Hostel
(68) Rehabilitation of Volley ball, Basketball, Handball & Tennis Courts and Construction of one new Handball Court
(69) Construction of dwarf block wall/grill fence for Sports Field
(70) Procurement of Sports Equipment
(B) 2013 Tetfund Library Intervention Projects
(a) Procurement of 2,006 no. Assorted textbooks in Agriculture, Botany, Vet. Medicine, Entomology, Environment, Biotechnology, Zoology, Library Science, Information Science and Fisheries, Procurement of 1,592 items of furniture & office equipment.
(b) Rehabilitation and Upgrade of the Nomadic Education Centre Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested contractors are invited to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
(i) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
(ii) Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
(iii) Company’s Articles and Memorandum of Association
(iv) Evidence of Financial Capability.
(v) Audited Accounts of the company for the last three years
(vi) List of Plants and Equipment as may be applicable, with evidences of possession
(vii) Verifiable list of similar and other jobs successfully executed with their locations, including copies of letters of award and completion certificates,
(viii) List of names of key personnel officers to be involved in the project, stating their qualification and professional registration(s) where applicable (enclose photocopies of credentials).
(ix) Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the ITF Amended Act 2011 (Training Contributions to the Fund).
(x) Evidence of compliance with Pencom Act 2004
(xi) Evidence of payment of 10,000.00 non-refundable fee per project
Original of documents required above must be produced for sighting during the opening session.
The pre-qualification documents are to be in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the project category & serial number as indicated above to be submitted to the Office of the Deputy Registrar (Development), University of Maiduguri. Submission of bids shall close at 2:30p.m on Monday 11th May, 2015 to be followed immediately by opening of the submitted bids. Interested contractors and/or their representatives and the public are invited to witness opening of the pre-qualification bids at the aforementioned date and time in the University’s Council/ Senate Chamber.
The University is not bound to accept bids sent by courier or post. Only pre-qualified bids shall proceed with financial tender.
Madu W. Ndirmula