Invitation for Bids (IFB) at Project Coordinating Unit on the behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education
Specific Procurement Notice
(International Competitive Bidding)
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Skills Training and Vocational Education Project
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Construction of Storey Building
Loan No: 2100150010394
SPN No.: NCB/STVEP/ADF/WKS/01/2013
- This Invitation for Bids follows the publication of the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in United Nations Development Business Issue No 662, of 16th September 2005.
- This Invitation for Bids supersedes a previous invitation issued on Tuesday December 3, 2013 in The Nation Newspapers and on Wednesday December 4, 2013 in the Punch Newspapers.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a loan from the African Development Fund in various currencies towards the cost of the Skills Training and Vocational Education Project It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under contracts for the construction of Construction of a storey building using cement stabilised compressed earth blocks at FCE Akoka, Yaba
- The Project Coordinating Unit on the behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of buildings and other civil works as follows:
|Bid Security Amount
|Construction of a storey building using cement stabilised compressed earth blocks at FCE Akoka, Yaba
5. Complete set of bidding documents may be purchased from the office of the Project Manager, Project Coordinating Unit, ADF Assisted Skills Training and Vocational Education Project located at address below, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of thirty thousand Naira only (#30,000.00) or ($200) or the dollar equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. All payments must be made into the following account:
Name: FME/ADB Assisted Skills Training and Vocational Education
Bank: Ecobank Nigeria Plc
SORT Code: 056080207
Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the same address.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Procurement of Works.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 (One Hundred and Twenty) calendar days after bid closing and must be accompanied by a refundable security deposit in the amount indicated in the table under item 3 above or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency in the form of bank guarantee, irrevocable letter of credit, or certified check issued by a reputable bank acceptable to the Purchaser.
8. Bids shall be delivered to the Project Coordinating Unit at the address below before 12:00 noon local time on 24 January 2014, Bids will be opened at the same office and at 12:30 p.m. local time on the same date of bid closing in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend. Please note that electronic bid submission shall not be entertained.
9. A pre-bid conference will be held at the address below by 10:00am on January 7, 2014 to allow Bidders’ questions on the bidding documents to be answered. Bidders are required to submit any questions in writing to the address for Bid submission or by email to email@example.com at least two working days before the pre-bid conference date.
The Project Manager
Project Coordinating Unit
Plot 644, Zambezi Crescent, Opposite ETF Building off Aguiyi Ironsi Way Maitama, Abuja
Tel: +23492917718 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org