Federal Government of Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development National Programme For Food Security (NPFS) (Islamic Development Bank Support to NPFS)
IDB Financing Number NGR (Uni-0031)
Invitation for Bids
Construction of Rural Feeder Roads Yobe State
Bid Issuance Date: 20th August, 2013
Contract Identification No: NPFS/IDBNNCB/RUR/YBE/01/2013
IDB Financing No: NGR-UNI-0031
IDB Loan/Credit Name: National Programme for Food Security (NPFS)
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria has obtained a loan from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) for co-financing the cost of National Programme For Food Security. National Programme for Food Security intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for the construction of Rural Feeder Roads for which invitation for bids is issued.
2. The National Programme For Food Security (NPFS) intends to employ qualified contractors for construction of 103 km of Rural feeder Roads in Gombe state in three lots distributed in the following Local Governments under NPFS coverage:
Lot 1 – Yobe North: Bade, Nguru and Geidam LGAs (33km)
Lot 2 – Yobe Central: Jakusko, Potiskum and Fika LGAs (40 Km)
Lot 3 – Yobe South: Damaturu, Gujba and Gulani LGAs (29km).
Details of the work to be done are specified in the bidding document.
3. Bidding is open to private firms and voluntarily formed joint ventures duly registered to operate in Nigeria.
4. Bidders may submit bids for single or multiple lot/s but in any case, bidders must quote for all items indicated in a lot and must possess the capacity and capability to execute the jobs contained in the lot/s.
5. Bidding documents may be purchased at National Programme For Food Security (NPFS), 127, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja, for a non-refundable fee of Fifty thousand Naira (N50,000.00) only. Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address by 9.00AM – 4.00PM from Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
6. The bidding documents should be collected by hand from the above address by written application clearly stating “Request for bidding Documents for Construction of Rural Feeder Roads in Yobe State Lot with lot number clearly indicated.”. The National Programme For Food Security shall issue the documents directly to the purchaser but under no circumstances will it be held responsible for any disaffection arising thereof.
7. The minimum requirements for Contractor qualification arc as follows:
i. Having achieved an annual turnover in construction work of at least N120m in any of the last five (5) years.
ii. Verifiable proof of experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least two works of a nature and complexity equivalent to the works over the last 5 years (to comply with this requirement works quoted should be at least 70% completed) Acceptable verifiable proof shall be copies of the letter of contract award and/or certificate, of contract completion.
iii. Verifiable proof of ownership/unhindered access to essential equipment required for the job.
iv. A Project/Contract Manager with 10 years experience in works of equivalent nature and volume including not less than five (5) years as Manager.
v. Verifiable proof of Liquid assets and/or confirmed credit facilities of not less than N30 million
vi. VAT registration certificate and three (3) years Tax Clearance
vii. Copy of company’s registration with CAC
viii. Evidence of registration with Pensions Commission in line with the provisions of the Procurement Act 2007.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after Bid opening and must be accompanied by security of at least 3% of the Bid Price.
9. Completed bids are to be directed/delivered to The National programme Coordinator, National Programme For Food Security (NPFS), 127, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja, on or before 12.00 noon by 27th September, 2013 at which time they will be opened in the presence of the bidders or representatives who choose to attend.
10. The submission shall be made in ONE original and TWO copies and be marked accordingly.
11. All bid enquiries are to be directed to the office of:
National Programme Coordinator
National Programme for Food Security
127, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.