Federal Government of Nigeria Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON) 443, Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo -Yaba, Lagos
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON), a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Health, following approval for Capital projects under 2014 Capital Expenditure, wishes to invite proposals from reputable firms with proven experience to undertake the Review of Chemistry Curricula in Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and WAEC/NECO.
Interested eligible Firms/Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the consultancy services.
Interested Firms may also apply in Joint Venture (JV) with other suitable Firms/Service providers with the role and responsibility of each party in the joint Venture clearly stated for possible completion of the assignment within the timeframe agreed. Subsequently, they should always check for relevant advertisements in the Institute’s Notice Board and website www.iccon.org.ng for the description of projects to be executed within the year.
The Eligibility Criteria are as follow:
- The Firm must have two lead consultants with:
- A PhD degree holder in chemistry with not less than five years teaching experience in a University
- At least a Master degree holder in Curricular Development with not less than five years experience in the field.
- Evidence of Experience in the development of syllabi, learning outcomes and/or learning and assessment programmes
- Evidence of Registration Certificate with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and evidence of Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) in case of a joint venture
- Evidence of current Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate or that of the Partners (including the two Lead Consultants) for the last three (3) years (2011,2012 & 2013)
- Current Clearance Certificates from National Penson Commission as evidence of compliance with Pensions Reform Act, 2004
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of copy of compliance Certificate from the Industrial Training Fund.
- Evidence of registration with the relevant professional regulatory bodies (of the Finns and the two Lead Consultants)
- Detailed Company Profile indicating amongst others, the core competences of the Firm and that of the Lead Consultants.
- Evidence of the Firm’s similar experiences and that of the Lead Consultants with Verifiable
Letters of Contract Award and Certificates of Job completion
- A sworn affidavit that all the information/documents provided is correct and verifiable by the organization
- Evidence of company’s audited accounts for the last three (3) years
- Verifiable evidence of financial capability and reputable Bank Support (attach bank reference)
Submission of Documents
Firms/Consultants are to submit three copies (one original and two duplicate) of Expression of Interest (EOI), which must be packaged in a sealed envelope clearly marked Expression of interest for “Review of Chemistry Curricular In Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and WAEC/NECO” on the top right hand corner with the name of the company/firm written on the reverse side of the envelope and addressed to:
Tenders Board Committee,
Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON)
3rd floor, RM4, Old WHO Building
443, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Sabo – Yaba, Lagos.
Closing of Submission;
The Closing date for the submission of bid is not later than 12 noon on Tuesday, 2nd December, 2014. The envelope should be dropped in the Bid Box located at the Institute’s Security post and Consultants are to sign the EOI register before dropping the envelopes within working hours on or before 12: 00 noon on Tuesday, 2nd December, 2014 . All submitted documents will be opened immediately after the deadline at the Institute’s Conference Room in the presence of all Consultants or their representatives and invited Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
Interested Consultancy Firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours of 8:00am-5:00pm on Monday-Friday.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the Procurement Act 2007.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Procurement Officer, ICCON.
- Failure to satisfactorily fulfill the conditions as requested above will result to invalidation of such bid.
- ICCON shall reserve the right to verify the authenticity of claims made by the bidding parties and reject any submission based on unverifiable information.
- Submission of bids by post or courier will not be acceptable and any bids received at the designated location after the required time and date shall be considered late and non responsive.
- Only shortlisted firms would be contacted.
- This advertisement is published for information purpose only and should not be considered as a commitment or obligation on the part of the Institute to award a contract.
- The Institute is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the bidding process without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any cost incurred by any interested party in connection with any response to an inquiry nor shall it entitle any party submitting documents to claim any indemnity from the Institute