TY Danjuma Foundation
Invitation for Expressions of Interest to Conduct Baseline Study
The TY Danjuma Foundation is a private Nigerian philanthropic grant making organisation that seeks to transform the lives of Nigerians mainly in rural communities. It supports Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Community Based Organisations (CBOs) to implement projects in the key areas of community health, education and income generation.
The TY Danjuma Foundation’s inaugural 3-year Plan (2010-2012) ended as scheduled in 2012, In June 2013, the Board of Trustees approved the development of a 5-year Strategic Plan for the period 2014 – 2018. In June, the Board approved a school feeding programme for the 2014 – 2018 plan period. This baseline study is to provide the required contextual, theoretical and practical basis to frame and inform the programme. The duration of the assignment is three months only.
TYDF hereby seeks reputable researchers or a group of researchers to undertake a baseline study in Health & Nutrition especially School feeding programmes in Nigeria.
The specific Terms of Reference for this assignment include:
1. A review of the Foundation’s project outputs and outcomes to date in the related programming area of education, and community health.
2. General overview of the situation of education and health & nutrition especially school feeding experiments around the world.
3. A health survey in select schools in two States (Taraba and Edo States).
4. Conversations with State Universal Basic Education Boards.
5. Concrete recommendations for how such a programme can be successfully implemented.
Interested researchers, and/or research groups/consortia are hereby invited to submit Expressions of Interest through the Foundation’s website at www.tydanjumafoundation.org (Go to Latest News).
Receipt of applications will close on Friday September 13th 2013 at midnight.