Bank of Industry
…Transforming Nigeria’s Industrial Sector
Appointment of Business Development Services Firms
Request for Proposal (RFP)
The Bank of Industry Limited (BOI) is Nigeria’s foremost Development Finance Institution which was reconstructed in 2001 out of the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank (NIDB) Limited that was itself incorporated in 1964. The core mandate of the Bank is to provide financial assistance for the establishment of large, medium and small projects; as well as expansion, diversification and modernization of existing enterprises; and rehabilitation of ailing industries.
The Bank operates from its Head Office in Lagos and Zonal Offices in Abuja, Akure. Asaba, Bauchi, Enugu and Kaduna. In pursuit or its core mandate, the Bank has identified one of the major challenges faced by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) as lack of adequate business development support.
Consequently, it is desirous of appointing reputable and experienced Business Development Service Providers (BDSPs) to provide necessary support for its current and potential MSME customers.
The main objective of the business development support to be provided by the service providers is to fill the capacity gap of the MSMEs in the areas of entrepreneurial mindset, discipline and capability.
The Business Development Service Providers are therefore required to:
- Conduct capacity building programmes for prospective and current Bank of Industry’s MSME customers in order to identify the gaps, design requisite training curriculum and address their deficiencies.
- Development of bankable business proposals.
- Monitor and advise the MSMEs post-financing on a long-term basis.
- Inculcate the benefits of clustering, networking and cooperative formation among microenterprises.
Selection of successful service providers will be based on the following:
- Must be registered as a Business Development Service Provider.
- Qualified faculty with cognate and proven multidisciplinary experience in the industry as an executive and a consultant.
- Track record in successfully facilitating access to finance for its clients.
Area of Coverage
Request for Proposal should indicate preferred area of coverage in the following categories:
- Zonal (North-East, North-West, North-Central, South-West, South-East, South-South)
Submission of Request for Proposal
Prospective Business Development Service Providers should submit their Requests for Proposal as a basis for short listing:
- Profile of firm including full contact details of its head office and branch offices.
- Curricula vitae of its key executives/partners.
- Details of Business Development Services provided in the last five (5) years.
- Certificate of registration as a Business Development Services Provider by a statutory government agency.
- Preferred Area of Coverage (i.e. National, Zonal or State).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays) from Mr. Abdul-Ganiyu O. Mohammed,
Tel: 08023030940 email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Requests for Proposal as Business Development Service Providers must be delivered to the address below not later than 5.00 pm on 28th July, 2014:
The Managing Director
Bank of Industry Limited
Only short listed candidates will be contacted