Request for Expressions of Interest (Consulting Services), Nigeria
Abuja Urban Transport Project
The Federal Capital Territory Administration, Transport Secretariat Project office, has applied for financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Preparatory Studies for The Abuja Urban Transport and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Preparatory Studies for the Abuja Urban Transport.
The services included under this project are:
- Development of the concept design of BRT route In the FCT and It’s environing as a part of a multi modal integrated transport provision for the city.
- The study should Investigate different BRT configurations and their potential application to the gateway route in Greater Abuja which Includes the FCC, satellite towns and neighbouring states of Nasarawa and Niger including the interactions of these routes at the CBD.
- It should include but not limited to analysis of elements, such as:
- operational concept (trunk / feeder; diameter routes),
- bus lines (exclusive, preferential, kerbside, median),
- type of buses (large, medium, small, according to existing demand patterns and desired level of service),
- type of fare collection (in bus, prepayment, fare collection technologies),
- types of control (technology intensive, people Intensive).
The duration of the study should not be more than 18months.
The Federal Capital Territory Administration, Transport Secretariat Project office, now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification,
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, 9.00am -5.00pm, Nigerian Time, (-1 hour GMT) Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays).
Expressions of interest (Three hard copies) must be delivered to the address below by 28th August 2013 at 4:pm. Nigerian Time and mention “Expression of Interest for the Preparatory Studies for the Abuja Urban Transport”.
Attn: Engr. Wilson Unogwu (Director)
Transport Secretariat Project Office,
Nigerian Reinsurance Corporation Building, 5th Floor
Plot 748 Herbert Macaulay Way
Central Area, Abuja Nigeria,
Tel/ + 234(0)8138195860, + 234(0)8054942895