Debt Management Office Nigeria
In compliance with Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act 2005 & the National Policy on Public Private Partnership
Transaction Advisory Services for the Development of Debt Management Corporate Head Office, Abuja Nigeria
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Debt Management Office (DMO) was established to centrally coordinate the management of Nigeria’s debt and maintain a reliable database of all loans taken or guaranteed by the Federal or State Governments or any of their agencies.
The DMO has received an unsolicited proposal from a reputable firm seeking to develop DMO’s Corporate Head Office in Abuja, the Federal Capital City of Nigeria via Public Private Partnership Procurement. The Corporate Head Complex to comprise of two world class office towers will be located in the Central Business District of the FCT, Abuja.
Following a regulatory review and “no objection” receipt for the unsolicited proposal, the DMO now seeks the services of well experienced and qualified Transaction Advisors to provide a broad scope of advisory service for the Public Private Partnership project as detailed below. The services to be provided include but not limited to the following:
- Further review of the unsolicited proposal Outline Business Case to ensure PPP project development phase completeness
- Shadow financial modeling/value for money testing and affordability assessment
- PPP Swiss Challenge Competitive PPP Procurement Transaction Structuring
- Detailed design and managing the unsolicited proposal Swiss challenge procurement and evaluation process and support to DMO’s Project Delivery Team during the process.
- Organization and preparation, where necessary, of expression of interest, information memorandum, data room and supporting documentation to be made available to bidders (including technical analysis).
- Addressing social safeguards and environmental issues during procurement
- Preparation of PPP Contract Agreement and Assistance in negotiating with one or more parties prior to contract award; and
- Management of other advisory inputs and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction.
- Preparation of Full Business Case recommendation for approval, PPP contract closure up to financial closure by preferred DMO PPP partner.
The Transaction Advisor/s may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with the financial, Commercial, legal, technical, PPP, and other specialist expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to market and reach financial closure. In the case of a consortium, the consortium members must jointly identify one of the firms comprising the consortium as the Lead Transaction Advisor. The Lead Transaction Advisor will have primary responsibility for liaising with the Project Delivery Team and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs as a whole. Firms comprising the consortium with specialized expertise in the finance, commercial activities, legal, and technical fields should be identified, respectively as Finance Transaction Advisor, Legal Transaction Advisor and Technical Transaction Advisor etc. International Advisors are encouraged to form partnerships with reputable Nigerian consulting firms
Payment for Transaction Advisory Services
The Transaction Advisory services being requested here will be procured on a “no cure no pay” output performance basis. The successful Transaction Advisor will be paid only when the procured concessionaire for the development of the DMO Office Complex reaches financial closure and has paid appropriate entry and/or initial concession fee to the grantor of the concession.
Submission of Expressions of Interest (EOIs)
Prospective Transaction Advisors should submit Expression of Interest detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile or firm/consortium including ownership structure and role of each corporate entity with full contact details of each firm.
- Details of direct experience advising governments in the structuring of PPP transactions.
- Track record of successful closing of PPP concessions, particularly in the real estate sector.
- Description of roles played in at least five (5) PPP real estate and construction transactions closed in emerging markets during the past seven (7) years (at least one of which should be in the past three (3) years).
- Relevant experience in the real estate sector (including technical competence).
- Copies or unabridged financial reports for the last 3yrs Experience working in Nigeria and/or sub-Saharan Africa.
The Advisors will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the BPP Procurement Guidelines for selection of consultants.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in five (5) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expressions of Interest for Transaction Advisory Services for Debt Management Office Corporate Head Office Building PPP Project”. A CD-ROM version should also be included.
The expressions of interests should be addressed and delivered not later than
12 noon (Nigerian Time) on 12th November, 2013 at the following address;
Dr. Abraham Nwankwo
Debt Management Office (DMO)
NDIC Building (First Floor)
Plot 447/448, Constitution Avenue
Central Business District
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays). Expression of Interest through electronic media will not be considered.
Only short-listed Transaction Advisors will be contacted.