Invitation to Tender at Nigerian Prisons Service
Ministry of Interior
Nigerian Prisons Service
National Headquarters, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja
Invitation to Tender for the Supply of Cooking Gas/Firewood to Nigerian Prisons Service, for the Period 1st January to 31st December, 2014
In compliance with the provisions of Public Procurement Acts 2007 regarding the procurement of goods, works and services, the Nigerian Prisons Service hereby invites interested reputable gas suppliers/firewood dealers to tender for the supply of cooking gas/firewood to the under-listed Prisons and Satellite Prisons for the period 1st January to 31st December, 2014. The Main Prisons and Satellite Prisons are as follows:
|S/No||State||Prisons (Convicts)||Satellite Prisons|
|1||FCT-Abuja||Kuje, Suleja and Dukpa F.C||–|
|2.||Abia||Aba, Arochuckwu & Umuahia||–|
|3.||Adamawa||Ganye, Jada, Jimeta, Mubi, Numan & Yola||Dumne, Gombi, Hong, Kojoli, Maiha, Mayobelwa, Michika, Shelleng, Guyuk & Karlahi|
|4.||Akwa-Ibom||Abak, Eket, Ikot-Abasi, Ikot-Ekpene & Uyo||–|
|5.||Anambra||Agwata, Awka & Onitsha||–|
|6.||Bauchi||Azare, Bauchi, Jama’are, Misau & Ningi Yenegoa||–|
|8.||Benue||Gboko, Makurdi & Otukpo||–|
|9.||Borno||Bama, Biu, Gwoza, Maiduguri Farm Centre, Maiduguri (Maximum) & Maiduguri (New)||–|
|10.||Cross River||Adim Farm, Calabar, Ikom, Obubra, Obudu & Ogoja||–|
|11.||Delta||Agbor, Kwale, Sapele, Ogwashiu-uku & Warri||–|
|12.||Ebonyi||Abakaliki & Afikpo||–|
|13.||Edo||Auchi, Benin (New)-Oko, Benin (old), Ogba- farm, Ozalla farm & Ubiaja||–|
|15.||Enugu||Enugu, Ibite-Olo, Nsukka & Orji River||–|
|16.||Gome||Gombe & Tula||Bajoga, Billiri & Cham|
|17.||Imo||Okigwe, Owerri & Orreh farm||–|
|18.||Jigawa||Birnin-Kudu Farm Centre, Gumel, Hadejia (New) and Kazaure||Birnin-Kudu, Dutse, Garki, Gwaram, Jahum & Ringim|
|19.||Kaduna||Birnin-Gwari, Borstal Institute, Kaduna Central, Kafanchan, KPC, Kujama Farm Centre & Zaria||Gwantu, Saminaka, Ikara, Makarfi, Soba, Kachia, Kwoi, Manchok|
|20.||Kano||Goron-Dutse, Kano Central & Wudil||Dawakin-Tofa, Gwarzo, Rano, Sumaila, Tudunwada, Kiru & Bichi|
|21.||Katsina||Daura (New), Daura (Old), Funtua, Katsina & Ingawa F.C.||Dutsin-Ma, Kankia, Jibia, Malumfashi, Musawa & Mani|
|22.||Kebbi||Argungu, B/Kebbi (New), B/Kebbi (Old), Yelwa Yauri & Zuru||Kamba, Kangiwa, Bagudo, Jega &Wara|
|23.||Kogi||Ankpa, Dekina, Idah, Kabba, Koton-Karfe & Okene.||–|
|24.||Kwara||Ilorin Old, Ilorin New, Borstal Training, Lafiagi & Omuraran.||–|
|25.||Lagos||Badagry, Ikoyi, Kirikiri Female, KiriKiri- Max & Kirikiri Medium||–|
|26.||Nassarawa||Keffi Old, Keffi New, Lafia, Nasarawa & Wamba||–|
|27.||Niger||Agaie, Bida, Kagara, Kontagora (New), Lapai, Minna (Old), Minna (New) & New Bussa||–|
|28.||Ogun||Abeokuta New, Abeokuta Old, Ijebu-Ode, Ilaro, Shagamu, Borstal Remand Centre Abeokuta & Ago-lwoye F.C.||–|
|29.||Ondo||Akure, Okitipupa, Ondo Male, Ondo Female & Owo||–|
|30.||Osun||Ile-Ife & Ilesha||–|
|31.||Oyo||Oyo, Ibadan ( Agodi) & F. C. Ogbomosho||–|
|32.||Plateau||Jos, Lakushi, Langtang, Pankshin, Shendam, Wase & Lamingo Prison Camp.||–|
|33.||Rivers||Ahoada, Degema, Elele farm & P/Harcourt||–|
|34.||Sokoto||Bislam Farm Centre & Sokoto||Gwadabawa, Tambuwal & Wurno|
|35.||Taraba||Gembu, Jalingo, Serti & Wukari (New)||Baissa, Takum, Bali, Gassol, Karim-Lamido, Lau, Zing & Mutum Biyu|
|36.||Yobe||Gashua, Nguru & Potiskum (New)||Geidam & Fika|
|37.||Zamfara||Gusau (New)||Kaura-Namoda, Maru, Talata-Mafara & Gumi|
2. Objective: To provide for decent cooking of foodstuff for the inmates in the Nigerian Prisons nationwide.
3. The Scope: The scope involves making adequate cooking gas/firewood
available in the Prisons at all times.
4. Eligibility to Tender: Interested reputable contractors /suppliers are requested to forward their applications with the following as Tender documents for consideration.
(i) Certificate of Incorporation or Registration of Business Name with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(ii) Tax Clearance Certificate for immediate past 3 years (2010, 2011 & 2012).
(iii) Company’s Audited Account for immediate past 3 years (2010, 2011 & 2012).
(iv) VAT Registration Certificate with Verifiable Evidence of Remittance.
(v) Evidence of Mobility i.e. Vehicle License Particulars (Current).
(vi) Evidence of Payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
(vii) Evidence of Remittances of Employees’ Compensations to Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
(viii) Evidence of registration and remittance of contributory pension funds in line with Section 16, Subsection 8(d) of the Public Procurement Act.
(ix) Evidence of Financial Capability i.e. Bank Reference Letter.
(x) Original Treasury Receipt of non refundable tender processing fee of N5,000.00.
(xi) Verifiable evidence of previous cooking gas/firewood supplied for at least 3 years.
(xii) The proximity of bidders to prison location is an added advantage.
5. Prospective contractors/bidders are to pay non-refundable tender processing fee of N5,000.00 into Nigerian Prisons Service Account No. 0000972323 with any Access Bank branch and obtain a Bank Teller which of course will be used to obtain Treasury Receipts for the non refundable tender processing feeofN5,000.00 at
Prison Cash Office Room 3309, 2nd Floor,
National Headquarters Office Complex,
Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja
6. Submission Deadline:
All completed tender documents must be in a sealed envelope marked “Bid for Supply of Cooking Gas/Firewood to Prisons” and Addressed to The Head of Procurement, Nigerian Prisons Service, National Headquarters Office Complex, Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road, Abuja and should be dropped in the Tender Box located at the Pavilion of the National Headquarters Office Complex not later than 12 noon on 11th October, 2013. The public opening of Bids follow immediately at the same venue.
7. Any bid which fails to meet up with the requirements will not be considered. It should be noted that the Nigerian Prisons Service is not obliged to accept any particular tender
8. Incorrectly addressed or labeled submissions, and those received after the specified date shall be rejected.
9. This advertisement of “Invitation to Tender” shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NPS, nor shall it entitle any supplier to make any claim(s) whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from NPS by virtue of such supplier having responded to this advertisement.
10. All expenses incurred in preparing the tender response and all expenses otherwise associated with its tender response shall be borne solely by the prospective supplier.
Photocopies of the non-refundable tender processing receipt and acknowledgment receipt obtained on submission of tender must be kept and Presented before collection of award letters by successful bidders.
Head of Procurement
For: Controller General Of Prisons