Invitation for the Pre-qualification of Contractors for the Provision of Technical Services for the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
Invitation for the Pre-qualification of Contractors for the Provision of Technical Services
The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), intends to pre-qualify local Companies with standard workshop and necessary repair facilities/equipment to provide the following Technical Services as follows:
(i) Repair and Refurbishing of Power Transformers (up to 150MVA
(ii) Sealing of transformer oil Leakages.
(iii) Transformer oil filtration.
(iv) On-line regeneration of transformer Oil
(v) Movement/relocation of power transformers
(vi) Reactivation of Switch yard illumination.
(i) Line trace maintenance
(ii) Replacement of broken/contaminated insulators on both 330kV and 132kV Lines
(iii) Erosion encroachment/erosion control of tower legs and right of ways
(iv) Re-conductoring of both 330kV and 132kV Transmission Lines
(v) Replacement of missing bolts and nuts/missing tower members
(vi) Painting of corroded tower members/tower legs in swamps
(vii) Welding of tower members.
(i) Repairs/calibration of Electrical Test equipment.
(ii) Power system protection coordination studies using coordination and Analysis software
(iii) Relay specific specialist training on advanced power system protection for protection engineers (relays; ABB, AREVA, SIEMENS, SEL NARI)
( iv) Basic power system protection training for Protection Engineers.
To pre-qualify, interested Indigenous companies are required to provide the following:
(1) A copy of Certificate of Incorporation in Nigeria (Form C07 must be attached) or overseas.
(2) Company Profile including
- Populated organizational structure and key professional staff with relevant training and experience in handing and repair of high voltage power transmission equipment listed above.
- Availability of requisite and appropriate skills among key staff and persons to be engaged in the project;
(3) Evidence of having successfully carried out at least two (2) of such repairs in nature and size within the last ten (10) years.
Final Taking over Certificates from clients including names, evidence of payment for such repairs, addresses, e-mails and phone numbers of contact persons on each works must be attached.
(1) Evidence of a standard workshop, availability of equipment and capacity to carry out the repairs.
(2) Certified Audited Account for three (3) years (2012, 2013 and 2014)
(3) Three (3) years Current Tax Clearance Certificate (2012, 2013 and 2014) which shall be verified and the original sighted on demand.
(4) VAT Certificate
(5) Any other relevant information which may assist in enhancing the profile of the applicant
Submission of Documents
Only one original copy and a soft copy of document are to be submitted, The names and mailing addresses of the applicant companies must be clearly marked on the envelopes) bearing the submissions. All the information requested for pre-qualification must be provided in English Language by all applicants.
Failure to provide information/supporting’ document that is essential for the evaluation of applicant’s qualifications, or to provide timely clarification or substantiation of-the information supplied, may result in disqualification of the applicant.
Completed pre-qualification documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked Application for Pre-qualification for: Lot 1, LOT 2 and LOT 3“as stated above and delivered by hand or registered mail to:
General Manager (Procurement) TCN,
Room 122, PHCN Headquarters,
144 Zambezi Crescent,
Maitama. Abuja, Nigeria
To reach the above office NOT later man 5.00p.m. Tuesday 9th September, 2015.
Opening of applications will be at 10.00 a.m. Wednesday 10th September, 2015 in the Auditorium, 2nd Floor, TCN Headquarters, No. 144 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
For further information and/or clarification, please contact any of the following e-mail addresses:
Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)