Invitation for Bids (IFB) at Government Technical College, Ikotun, Lagos State
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Lagos State Government
Lagos Eko Secondary Education Project
Government Technical College, Ikotun
Contract No: CR 45910-NG
Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Training Equipment for Electrical Engineering
Contract No: LEP/GTC-IKT/NCB/G-13-001
Date of Issuance: Thursday August 29, 2013
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business; issue no WB3947-808/11 of 14 September, 2011.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Lagos EKO Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Training Equipment for Electrical Engineering
- The Government Technical College, Ikotun now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Training Equipment for Electrical Engineering Workshop for the Government Technical College, Ikotun under the Project sub-component for Public-Private Partnership in Technical Education.
The successful bidder will be expected to supply ISO9001 compliant Electrical Power Engineering equipment to Government Technical College Ikotun in the area of Electrical Engineering laboratory for training of students to international standards.
The bidder must also be able to provide Train the Trainer programme after due installation of the equipment. The objective is to improve the quality of teaching, research and skills development at the technical college and make it more relevant to the demands of employment and entrepreneurship in Lagos State.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, January 2012 edition, and is open to bidders from all countries as defined in the guidelines.
- 5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Lagos EKO Secondary Education Project and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below. The documents can be inspected during official hours-9am to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays with the exception of Public Holidays. Qualifications Requirement Include:
- Possession of experience/proof of setting up at least two (2) similar Electrical Engineering Laboratories, equivalent to the one being proposed for GTC Ikotun over the past three (3) years
- The bidder must possess experience in related industry technical education and training in Electrical Power Engineering
- Availability of authentic sales, services and training branch in Nigeria
- Provision of annual audited account for the last 3 years to demonstrate:
- The current soundness of the applicant’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability, and
- Have evidence of access to or availability of confirmed positive credit facilities of not less than N60 Million.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested suppliers on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N16, 000.00 (Sixteen Thousand Naira only) or US$100.00 ( i.e One Hundred Dollars equivalent). The method of payment will only be by Bank Draft made payable to PPP GTC Ikotun. The bid document may be collected by Supplier’s Representative duly authorised by the Supplier in his application or sent by courier services on request.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00a.m of Friday September 27, 2013. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security equivalent to, at least, 2% (two percent) of Bid Price in form of a Bank Guarantee, or Bank Manager’s cheque issued by a reputable Bank Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the Office of the Principal of the Technical College at 10:00a.m on Friday September 27, 2011.
Government Technical College
Opposite Lagos State Fire Station, Ikotun-ldimu Road, Ikotun
Lagos State, Nigeria.
Tel.: 01-8707704, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org