Expression of Interest: Recruitment of an Individual Consultant for the Assessment of the Implementation of African Decade of Action on Road Safety: 2011-2020 at ECOWAS COMMISSION
COMISSAO DA CEDEAO
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234-9)314-7427-9 (234-9)314-7427-9
FAX: (234-9)314-7646 (234-9) 314-30 05
101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Abuja, Nigeria. E-Mail email@example.com
Expression of Interest: Recruitment of an Individual Consultant for the Assessment of the Implementation of African Decade of Action on Road Safety: 2011-2020
The transport in West Africa plays a key role in the economic development of the sub region and account for about six percent of its gross domestic product. At the same time, it is characterized by poor conditions and discontinuity of infrastructures and by a low level of efficiency of transport operations and services because of insufficient maintenance, numerous barriers to the fluidity of exchanges, different sets of rules and low level of confidence in transport. Such inefficiencies lead to high operational costs which compromise the objectives of inter-national competitiveness and regional integration.
2. In order to improve the road safety situation in Africa, The Economic Community of West African Slates (ECOWAS) seeks to engage the Services of an Individual Consultant for the Assessment of the Implementation of African Decade of Action on Road Safety: 2011-2020.
3. Objectives of the Assignment;
The objectives of the assignment are namely:
- To undertake an assessment to Member States to determine the level of implementation of the African Road Safety Plan of Action based on the decades matrix;
- To propose Resources mobilization strategy and a follow up mechanism for Members States that are deficient on the Action Plan;
- To fine tune the Continental Road Safety Plan of Action to suit the realities of the ECOWAS region and;
- To prepare Road Safety Policy for the ECOWAS region.
4. The Consultant selected to conduct this mission should, at least:
- have a University Degree, at least Master;
- be a competent and experienced Road Safety Expert with documented experience in providing the services required
- have experience in five (5) or more similar projects with the last ten years;
- have led a team at least once;
- have been practicing tor up to ten (10) years;
- good know ledge of French and English
5. The EOW’AS Commission now invites eligible
Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum
Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; IT knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
6. The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant).
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5.00pm (GMT+1).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Unit, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria,
8. Expression of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked: “Recruitment Of An Individual Consultant For The Assessment Of The Implementation Of African Decade Of Action On Road Safety: 2011-2020, do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below by Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 10.30 a.m (GMT+1),
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, Administration & Finance, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
9. This request for EOI can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int/services
Commissioner, Administration & Finance