The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/Ett/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Call-Off Contract for Electrical Facilities
Upgrades in SPDC-East Oil & Gas Facilities (Land & Swamp)
Reference Tender No. NG01015367
SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will cover CALL-OFF CONTRACT FOR ELECTRICAL FACILITIES UPGRADES IN SPDC-EAST OIL & GAS FACILITIES (LAND & SWAMP).
Summary of Work Scope:
This contract is required for:
- Field surveys to determine the electrical requirements in SPDC facilities and load estimation for flow stations, gas plants and other production facilities.
- Field surveys and gap analysis studies for earthing and lightning protection systems
- Verification of As-built drawing of the existing, installed switchgears, cables, power systems and other electrical infrastructure
- Design of proposed Switchgears and Automatic Mains Failure (AMF) panels.
- Design of earthing systems and lightning protection of facilities.
Provision of Materials/Construction/Installation /Commissioning at Flow stations, Gas plants and other production facilities.
- Provision, installation and commissioning of Low Voltage (LV) switchgears and power distribution systems
- Provision, installation and commissioning of High Voltage (HV) switchgears and power distribution systems
- Provision and installation/modification of Automatic Mains Failure (AMF) panels and changeover panels for power generation systems
- Modification and upgrade works of existing installed switchgear and power distribution systems
- Installation and commissioning of electric driven pumps and motors at oil & gas facilities
- Provision and installation of various sizes of armored (underground) power distribution cables
- Procurement and installation of Perimeter Lighting fittings, galvanized poles and accessories
- Provision, upgrade, installation and commission of electrical earthing systems.
- Provision, upgrade, installation and commission of lightning protection systems
- Decommissioning of obsolete / disused electrical switchgear and systems
- Testing and commissioning of electrical installation works
- Provision of as-built documentation of installed and commissioned systems.
- Other scope to be developed in scoping workshop
1. To be eligible for this exercise interested contractors are required to be prequalified in work category in NipeX Joint Qualification (NJQS) database: 3.05.02 (Electrical/Instrumentation Services). All successful pre-qualified suppliers m this category will receive a Technical Invitation to Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “check my supplier status” and then click “Supplier Product Group”.
3. If you are not listed in the product/service category but you are registered in DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your valid DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
5. To be eligible all tenderers must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in NipeX.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that o minimum 90% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing o list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
- Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms CO2 and CO7
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this project, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on engineering, project management and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O. Box).
- Location of in-country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the 3.05.02 (Electrical/Instrumentation Services) category as at 31/10/2013 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED will communicate only with authorized officers of the pro-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
- Expected Contract Award Date: Q4 2014 Contract Duration: 2 years + 1 year extension option
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and for other information.