Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Provision of Integrated Drilling Support Services: 2014 – 2017
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage suppliers for Integrated Drilling Support Services within the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) acreage for an anticipated contract term of two (2) years with a one (1) year optional renewal period. Contract is expected to commence in the First Quarter of 2014.
2. Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to the provision of all personnel, equipment and services associated with Integrated Drilling Support Services.
Interested companies must be able to provide the following:
- I. Business And Administrative Duties
- II. Training
- III. Accounting
- IV. Safety
- V. Labor Relations
- VI. Contractor Transportation For Personnel
3. Mandatory Requirements:
1. To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Manpower Supply, Temporary Staff Hiring – Technical Product Group 39918 or Manpower Supply, Temporary Staff Hiring -Administration 39919 categories in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
3. If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
5. To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
4. Nigerian Content
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MPN requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human material resources and services in Nigeria oil and gas industry”.
“Nigerian Company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc) in Nigeria (offices equipment etc) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and CO7) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence of binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet 80% spend NC target in line with the requirements of the Act.
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training.
- Provide evidence of application for NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project.
Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
5. Close Date
Only tenderers who are registered with relevant NJQS Product/Service Categories as at Thursday, October 31, 2013 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
6. Additional Information
A. This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
B. This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
C. All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
D. Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database.
E. MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and-Other information
Mobil House, 1, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos.