University of Calabar
Pre-Qualification for the Procurement of Various Works and Goods
Extension of Deadline
The University of Calabar intends to apply part of the funds for Special Presidential Intervention, Phases I and II, based on The Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities, for the procurement of some works and goods. Therefore, interested and reputable companies that can meet the technical requirements in section 2 below, are invited to apply for prequalification to bid for the under-listed works and goods:
Lot 1: Rehabilitation of plumbing and electrical systems in the female students hostel, halls 8.
Lot 2: Rehabilitation of plumbing and electrical systems in the female students hostel, halls 9.
Lot 3: Rehabilitation of plumbing and electrical systems in the male students hostel, hall 4.
Lot 4: Rehabilitation and reconstruction of one block of post-graduate students’ hostel.
Lot 5: Rehabilitation/reconstruction of pavilions I and II (phases I and II).
Lot 6: Rehabilitation of Faculty of Social Science lecture block.
Lot 7: Rehabilitation of pavilions I, D, E, F and Atiku Abubakar lecture theatre.
Lot 8: Rehabilitation of work-tops in some laboratories in the College of Medical Sciences, Faculties of Science and Agriculture
Lot 9: Completion of the University Library.
Lot 10: Construction of 500-seat twin lecture pavilion.
Lot 11: Construction of 500-seat lecture pavilion.
Lot 12: Construction of laboratory, resource room and library for Department of Dentistry.
Lot 13: Construction of Department of Physics workshop.
Lot 14: Construction of hatchery for Institute of Oceanography.
Lot 15: Construction of dance studio for the Department of Theatre Arts.
Lot 16: Construction of 120-room hostel block for Medical and Dentistry students.
Lot 17: Construction of 120-room hostel block for female students.
Lot 18: Construction of 120-room hostel block for male students.
Lot 19: Construction and furnishing of an academic building opposite Faculty of Management Sciences.
Lot 20: Construction of academic building, incorporating science laboratory for the Faculty of Education.
Lot 21: Construction of faculty office for the Faculty of Education.
Lot 22: Installation of solar energy street light in the University, and inverters in the University Library and some laboratories.
Lot 23: Drilling of 2 nos. 300mm diameter boreholes with submersible pumps.
Lot 24: Construction of packaged water treatment plant and connection to the central water supply system.
Lot 25: Construction of elevated water tank at the staff village.
Lot 26: Construction of 2nos lawn tennis courts with seating galleries.
Lot 27: Supply of 500 nos. 8-spring double bunk beds with 3,000 nos. 8-spring mattresses.
Lot 28: Supply of 2,000 nos. lecture theatre seats with swivel writing pads.
Lot 29: Central gas supply to the Faculty of Science.
Lot 30: Supply of library books to faculties.
Lot 31: Supply of computers and peripherals to faculties.
Lot 32: Supply of teaching and research equipment to faculties and
Lot 33: Construction of classroom and offices for the Institute of Education.
Lot 34: Construction of offices and classrooms for the Faculty of Science.
2.0 Technical Qualifications
Only companies that can show verifiable evidence of the documents listed below should apply and complete the pre-qualification documents:
- Company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Corporate Affairs Commission forms CO 2 and CO 7, showing the directors of the company and share holding pattern.
- Company Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three years, expiring in December, 2014.
- VAT registration and remittances
- Company’s registration with the National Pensions Commission for contributory pensions scheme for staff in accordance with the Pensions Reforms Act, 2004.
- Compliance with the Industrial Training Fund Act, 2011.
- A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer o f the University of Calabar is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid is true and correct in all material particular.
- Minimum turn-over in the tax clearance certificate in any of the last three years (i.e. 2011, 2012, and 2013) shall not be less than:
- 0 million for lots 1-4, 6-11, 13-15, 21, and 23-33.
- N10 million for lots 5, 12, 22 and 34.
- N20 million for lots 16-20.
- Payment of a pre-qualification fee of twenty thousand Naira (N20,000.00) by a bank draft, raised in favour of University of Calabar, at the Bursary Department of the University.
- Audited accounts for the past three years.
- Financial capability to execute the project.
- Experience/technical qualifications of at least of three (3) key technical personnel, including photocopies of registration certificates with professional regulatory bodies (i.e. ARCON, COREN, QSRBN, and CORBON for works (construction and rehabilitation) projects).
- A minimum of three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years for government agencies, oil and gas sector, recognized international agencies, and public quoted agencies, indicating their locations, letters of commission, job completion certificates for completed projects, as projects executed for individuals shall not be accepted.
- Details of key plants and equipment deemed to be relevant to the project, stating the year of manufacture and whether or not they are owned by the company or on hire.
- Name of bankers, with references.
- Companies which are currently handling projects for the University, and whose jobs are not up to 60% completion level shall not be considered.
- Companies shall not apply for pre-qualification for more than one project in lots 5, 12, 16-20 and 22 and two for other projects.
The above-listed requirements shall form part of the technical evaluation criteria and non-compliance with sections 2.1 to 2.9, 2.16 and 2.17 of the requirements, which are mandatory, shall result in automatic disqualification of the bidder.
3.0 Collection of Pre-Qualification Evaluation Documents
The pre-qualification evaluation documents from the:
Office of the Director of Physical Planning
University of Calabar
On the presentation of an official receipt from the Bursary Department of the University for the payment of the tender fee and a photocopy of the bank draft.
4.0 Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
Eight (8) copies of the pre-qualification documents should be prepared, paginated or serialized in the order listed above and bound with a table of contents for each project. Non-adherence to this instruction shall result in the rejection of the bid.
Completed pre-qualification documents should be put in a sealed envelope with the title of the project and the name of the bidder clearly written on the back of the envelope. The envelope should be addressed to the:
University of Calabar
and deposited in the tender box in the Office of the Registrar on or before 12 noon, 3rd December, 2014.
Documents brought after the closing time shall be rejected.
5.0 Opening of the Pre-Qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents shall be opened at 12.05 pm on the closing date at the Senate Chambers of the University. Bidders and interested members of the public are invited to witness the opening of the documents.
Companies should note the pre-qualification exercise is not an invitation to tender or bid and does not create any commitment by the University to any company.
Dr. (MRS.) Julia Omang