National Institute for Sports
National Stadium, Surulere, P.O. Box 145, Lagos
Invitation to Tender
The National Institute for Sports hereby invites competent and registered Contractors/Companies for technical and financial tenders in respect of her 2014 prioritized new project in line with the Federal Government Bureau of Public Procurement Guidelines (Due process), in the following area;
A. Construction/Provision of Sporting Facilities
- Construction of 9 lanes synthetic tartan track (maximum area 4,400m2)
Prospective Bidders shall be required to submit the following requirement.
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission – (forms CO2 and CO 7 must be attached).
- Tax clearance certificate for 3years (2011, 2012 and 2013)/Evidence of V.A.T. certificates or Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- A comprehensive company’s profile with curriculum vitae of Principal/Technical Officers.
- Evidence that no official of N.I.S, N.S.C or Council member of the N.I. S is a shareholder of the Bidding Company.
- Verifiable evidence of previous experience in similar project within the last five years.
- Evidence of Company’s Technical Equipment/capabilities.
- Prospective Bidders are to show evidence of financial capabilities from reputable banks to execute the proposed contract.
- Evidence of registration with Pension Commission.
C. Submission of Technical Bid Documents
- Each work being bided for should be in a separate/sealed envelope and marked Technical Bid to Tender.
- Identification number of the project/work should be boldly written at the top right hand side of the envelope including the Bidder’s telephone numbers.
- Technical Bid document should be addressed and dropped in the tender box at the office of the Head of Procurement – National Institute for Sports, National Stadium, Surulere – Lagos.
- Application for Technical Bid documents will be opened on Monday September 22nd 2014 at 2:00pm at the Council Chamber of the Institute.
- Closure of submission of Technical bid documents will be on Monday the 6th of October2014.
D. Collection of Tender Documents
- Tender documents are obtainable from the Tender’s Unit of the N. I. S.
- Only short-listed Bidders who have satisfied the Technical bid conditions may be allowed to tender on payment of non-refundable fee of N25,000 (Twenty five thousand naira) to the N.I. S. Lagos.
- Photocopy of the payment receipt must be attached to the tender documents during submission.
- Contractors are advised to state the type, Manufacturer’s make, Country of origin of the product or material (specifications) etc. they wish to install.
- A maximum of 15% of the cost of each contract shall be paid to each successful Bidder as mobilization on submission of Bank Guarantee. The balance payment of 85% shall be paid upon completion of the work.
E. Submission of Tender
- The completed Tender (financial bidding) must be enveloped, sealed and clearly marked Tender for e.g. Construction of Tartan track – Proj. No. 1A at the top right hand side of the envelope and dropped in the tender box at The Office of the Head of Procurement on or before 1:00pm on Friday 24th of October 2014.
F. Opening Tender
- Tenders will be opened at 2:00pm on Friday 24th October 2014 at the N.I.S Council Chamber.
- Prospective Bidders or their Representatives are invited for the opening.
- Original documents of Bl – 8 must be produced for sighting during the opening of bid exercise.
- The execution of this project is subject to release/availability of the necessary fund.
- The Institute is not bound to award the contract to any particular Company.
For: Management/Tender’s Board