Yola Field Office
Request for Quotation
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international, non-sectarian, voluntary organization, providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC has been active in Nigeria since 2012. providing essential services for refuges and host communities in partnership with several international donors; the IRC is continuing its operations in North East Nigeria and has designed the food assistance program in order to support 2,200 extremely vulnerable individuals including Internally Displaced families living in camps, camp-like settings and with host families plus returnee families: the project will cover targeted families in the four LGAs of Yola South; Yola North; Fufore and Girei, Additionally, areas that will be accessible with vulnerable populations in other LGAs including Mubi North; Mubi South; Maiha; Hong; Michika; Madagali and Gombi will be targeted. The food vouchers will afford the targeted families to access basic food items with nutritional value from pre-selected vendors. The IRC is therefore looking for competent vendors to participate in this programme.
Scope of work
The programme will reach out to 2,200 households monthly, August 2015 – September, 2016 and will be based on vouchers pre-issued by IRC. The successful vendors will be required to;
- Issue food items specified on vouchers worth the value of the vouchers, based on pre-agreed prices to voucher holders for a period of 14 months (From August 2015- September, 2016)
- Issue receipts corresponding to the goods supplied and
- Keep track of the redeemed vouchers and ensure that all clients sign off the receipts on collection.
- Submit all redeemed vouchers attached to the corresponding receipts at agreed intervals for Payment. –
Competence and experiences required;
Interested vendors should meet the following requirements;
- Merchants with operational shops in the LGAs of Yola South, Yola North, Fufore, Mubi South, Mubi North, Maiha, Hong, Gombi, Michika and Madagali and willing to facilitate access of food items to targeted beneficiaries
Have the capacity to provide food items (not limited to the list below) per household per month for at least 150 to 500 households over a period of 14 months
- Bidders are expected to quote prices for both categories (Retail and Wholesale).
|#||Commodity||Specification||Retail Qty||Wholesale Qty|
|1||Rice||White, Medium Grain Rice||1kg||25kg|
|3.||Maize||Dried, Grain White.||1kg||25kg|
|4.||Eggs||Whole Chicken Dried||1||Crate|
|5,||Vegetable Oil||Low Fat||1Ltr||2Ltrs|
|7||Dried Groundnuts||Peanuts Dried||1kg|
- Willingness to participate in the voucher programme.
- Commitment to treat all IRC-supported beneficiaries with dignity and respect
- Committed to supporting women’s safety and inhibited access to food items
Interested and suitable vendors to supply these items in large quantities may submit by hand their offers and quotations documents in sealed envelope clearly marked the tender reference No: IRC/NIG/06/2015/001 above and address to:
|INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE, (behind Yukuben Hotel)MASAKARE JIM ETA-YOLA ADAMAWA||OR||INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEEPlot 902, Olu Awotesu Street- off
Idris Ibrahim Crescent, JABI -ABUJA
|Closing date is: 20lh July, 2015|
All bids must fully provide the following documents:
(1) Company profile
(2) Bank details/financial capability from the angle of finance
(3) Previous job done or experience
(4) Location of the company
(5) Legal registration of the company with CAC i.e corporate affairs commission
(6) Tax/ Vat document
(7) Delivery date and location
All required documentation must be submitted together with the quotation. Failure to complete any parts of this document, or failure to submit required documentation will result in elimination from the bid process.
Bids will not be accepted after close of business on BID CLOSING DATE.
Please Bidders Should Write Their Full Names and Contact Number on the Envelopes before Submission.