Kebbi State of Nigeria
Ministry of Water Resources & Rural Development (MWRD&RD)
Kebbi State Water Board (KSWB)
State-Wide Urban/Semi Urban Water Supply Sector’s Water
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Procurement of Water Treatment Chemicals
(1) The Kebbi State Government has executed rural development programmes with specific emphasis on rehabilitation, repair and turnaround maintenance of water supply systems/schemes in various urban, semi-urban and rural settlements within the 21 Local Government Areas of Kebbi State.
(2) During the 2007-2015 period rehabilitation of raw water intake and purification plants/systems including water reticulation networks has been carried out at Argungu, Birnin Kebbi, Yauri and Zuru and there is now a requirement for Procurement of Water Treatment Chemicals for Water Purification at these Urban/Rural Water Supply Schemes and other places.
(3) The Ministry of Water Resources & Rural Development (MWR&RD) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the following Water Treatment Chemicals to be supplied:
|LOT/NO1.||DESCRIPTION Aluminium Sulphate||QUANTITY 870m/metric tons||PLACE OF DELIVERY Birnin Kebbi Chemical Stores|
(4) Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Procurement of Construction, Goods and Services (Guidelines) Law No. 5 of 2008, and are open to all bidders and suppliers registered with the Kebbi State Tenders Board.
(5) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Kebbi State Water Board at the office of the General Manager or the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Water Resources & Rural Development (MWR&RD), Gwadangaji Secretariat, 2nd Phase, Ground Floor, Birnin Kebbi and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00am-5:00pm on every working day i.e. Monday-Friday.
(6) Qualifications requirement include:
(a) Financial Capability:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following requirement(s):
(i) Evidence of payment of mandatory taxes for the last three years
(ii) Banker’s declaration that the Bidder has the financial capacity or a line of credit to execute the contract (as contained in the schedule of requirement) for supply of water treatment chemicals.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
(i) Previous experience in supply of Water Treatment Chemicals of similar magnitude
(ii) Availability of haulage facilities to final destination
(iii) Confirmation of availability of stock to meet the required supply schedule
(7) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the water treatment chemicals to be supplied meet the following requirement(s);
(i) Suitable for use as drinking water treatment chemical,
(ii) Suitable for Human Consumption,
(iii) Products MUST come delivered in dearly/or legibly marked containers, bearing date of manufacture; evidence of certification (especially bidders offering products from India and China).
(iv) Producing potable water that meets World Health Organisation (WHO) Standards of Water Quality or mare than the Highest Desirable Levels of the Guidelines. Additional details are provided in me bidding documents.
(8) A complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N25.000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand Naira only). The method of payment will be by Cheque or Bank Draft. The Bidding documents will be sent by Courier or picked by the Bidder at the address shown below.
(9) Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 13:00pm (1:00pm) on 25th May, 2015- Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 14:60pm (2:66pm) on 25th May, 2015. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” per lot as specified (Lot 1 N450.000; Lot 2 N150.000 and Lot 3 N350.000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency).
(10) Bids inspection, collection (on payment of non-refundable fee) submission and opening would he at the following address:
The General Manager
Kebbi State Water Board
Murtala Mohammed Way,
Tudun wada, Birnin Kebbi.
(11) The Government of Kebbi State reserves the right to reject any proposal submitted in response to this advertisement without assigning any reasons thereto.
DR. ABDULLAHI S. GOBIR
Ministry of Water Resources & Rural Development