Tender Opportunity: Corporate Radio Maintenance Contract at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPNG/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Corporate Radio Maintenance Contract
Tender Ref: NG01019229
NipeX No: 0200353
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) as Operators of the Joint Venture between itself and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), on behalf of the Joint Venture is seeking for interested and qualified Telecoms service Providers for Radio Maintenance, within its operational areas. SPDC invites submission from reputable Nigerian registered companies having professional experience in telecoms radio maintenance.
The Maintenance of SHELL’ Telecoms Network will commence in Q1 2016 and end in Q4 2019.
2.0 Scope of Work
The scope of work for the proposed Contract shall cover
(1) Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of diverse Radio Transmission Systems, Multiplex Systems, Power Supply Systems, CATV Systems, Emergency Shutdown (ESD) systems, Aviation Warning Light Systems on mast/towers, tower rigging activities and any other Telecommunications systems repairs and maintenance in;
(a) SPDC East
(b) SPDC West
(2) The procurement of spares
(3) Overseas repairs and return of equipment parts
(4) Software upgrade and license renewal
(6) Maintenance Equipment and Tools
(7) Personnel training
(8) Other works that may be required in order to have a resilient Telecommunication Network connectivity at all times.
3.0 Mandatory Requirements
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendors in the 3.11.20 -Telecommunication Installation/Support Services (Product/Services) category (A-D) in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are pre-qualified and View product/services category you are listed for, open www.nioexng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
(4) To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access vmw.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
4.0 Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and setup in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through o Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
- Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such
- Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on equipment repairs & maintenance and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Location of in-country facilities (Storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of registration with Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and Ministry of Communications
- For any key personnel position to be occupied by expatriate, submit verifiable evidence of expatriate quota approval or NOGIC expatriate biometric system card approved by NCDMB
- For key personnel who will execute work scope and/or services to be provided by subcontractors, submit binding memorandum of agreement with organization providing such personnel and service
5.0 Closing Date
Only Tenderers who are registered in the 3.11 20-Telecommunication Installation/Support Services
NJQS product/category (A-D) as at 22/07/2015 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
6.0 Additional Information
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnify from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
Visit us on: http://www.shellnigeria.com
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and for other information.
Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX system.