Request for Expression of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services to AFENET
Mid-term Review Consultant
Date: April 24th, 2015
Application deadline: May 1, 2015
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPS) across Africa. AFENET works side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners to strengthen epidemiological and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the International Health Regulations (IHR).
Established in 2005, AFENET has supported more than 20 African countries across sub-Saharan Africa advance their capabilities in early detection and response to infectious and non-infectious diseases,
AFENET is looking forward to hire a capable and qualified consultant to conduct the mid-term evaluation of its five (5) year running strategic plan.
Terms of reference
- To review progress in implementation of the strategic plan, achievements attained as well as its relevance to the Network’s vision and its current dispensation.
- To assess the extent to which the strategic plan has addressed sustainability of AFENET
- To review the financial plan for the strategic plan
- Identify Challenges and provide precise implementation impediments and offer guidance for full strategy achievement.
- Any other issues deemed necessary by the consultant, board and management
- The strategic plan should embrace the vision of AFENET as a networking organization
- The objectives will have been reviewed to provide strategic direction to AFENET’s operations
- The activities derived from the objectives should be relevant to the current dispensation/times
- The strategic plan should clearly address sustainability of AFENET as an organization
- The gaps and challenges faced in implementation of the plan should be well articulated and mitigation measures clearly spelt out.
- The existing financial plan will have been reviewed to determine what has been achieved, gaps and challenges faced. Realistic projections and timings will have teen proffered in the reviewed financial plan.
- Other issues that the consultant and management deem necessary will have been addressed for incorporation within the plan
Duration of the consultancy
The mid-term evaluation is expected at least 8 weeks-month of May & June 2015 and an evaluation report submitted by July 31st, 2015.
The successful consultant for the mid-term strategic plan evaluation exercise will need to meet the following requirements:
- Proven demonstrated and extensive experience in Public Health and related Program/project strategic plan evaluations.
- Familiarity and experience in conducting similar work in Public Health related and donor supported organizations.
- Must provide strong and dependable past similar performance references.
Interested Applicants should forward their applications and relevant documentation to the address below:
The Executive Director,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Please note that all applications should be sent online.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted for further discussion of the detailed proposed outputs.