Request for Proposal for the Engagement of a Clearing Agent for Anti TB Drugs, Laboratory Reagents and Related Commodities in Nigeria at The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Request for Proposal for the Engagement of a Clearing Agent for Anti TB Drugs, Laboratory Reagents and Related Commodities in Nigeria
The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) has received grants from Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria towards implementing the Round 9 Phase II TB Project in Nigeria and intend to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to engage a CLEARING AGENT for the purpose of Clearing Anti-TB Drugs, Laboratory Reagents/items and other related items from any Port of entry in Nigeria ARFH now invites two (2) separately sealed Technical and Financial bids from reputable organizations.
Clearing of Anti-TB Drugs, Laboratory Reagents and other related commodities from all Ports of Entry in Nigeria.
a. Clearing of Anti-TB Drugs from all Sea Ports in Nigeria.
b. Clearing of Anti-TB Drugs from all Air Ports in Nigeria.
c. Transportation of Anti-TB Drugs from Sea Ports and Airports to the Federal Central Medical Stores (FCMS), Oshodi, Lagos State, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Minna, Port-Harcourt, Enugu, Owerri, Ibadan, Kaduna and Bauchi.
Your company must be a registered Clearing and Freight Forwarding Organization with the requisite experience and track records for the Clearing of Pharmaceuticals and Health Products for reputable organizations. The documents below must be made available in a sealed Technical bid (the scoring for each is stated and will be used as such in the selection); Please Note that the Financial bid will not be opened if the score for the Pre-qualification is below 70% score):
- Company Profile with in-country staff strength and registration with relevant professional bodies -15%
- Evidence of company’s incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)- 5%
- Evidence of recent annual Returns to Corporate Affairs Commission – 5%
- Evidence of three years (2010 – 2012) Tax Clearance Certificate – 5%
- Evidence of a Tax Identification Number (TIN)- 5%
- Documentary (Reg. Numbers, chassis Number etc.) proof of appropriate containerized Delivery Trucks in the company’s fleet -15%
- Evidence of past jobs with details of existing contracts with other organizations if any – 25%
- Evidence of current audited accounts of your firm for the past three years (2010-2012)-10%
- Verifiable Goods-in-transit Insurance (GIT) – Only trucks with over N50M GIT will be acceptable -15%.
Financial Bid/Price Quotes:
For all the proposals meeting technical requirements, the lowest compliant proposal shall be selected after the financial bid analysis. Find below the required details expected in the Price Quotes:
|Description||20’ Container||40’ Container||Pallat|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Federal Medical Stores (FCMS), Oshodi|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Ibadan|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Enugu|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Owerri|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Port-Harcourt|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Minna|
|Haulage from Apapa/Tincan Wharf to Kaduna|
|Haulage from Apapa/ Tincan Wharf to Bauchi|
|Haulage from Lagos airport to FCMS, Oshodi|
|Haulage from Abuja airport to Federal Capital Territory/Abuja|
|Haulage from Abuja airport to Minna|
|Haulage Truck Demurage per night|
|Logistics, Documentation and custom processes|
|Loading and off-loading|
|Hiring of equipment for stuffing and unstuffing during examination|
|Entry Processing/Long room administrative expenses|
|Agency fee/service charge|
|Any other cost|
- Detailed procedures and timelines for sending the shipping documents will be communicated to the Agent after engagement or commission of the contract.
- Your quotation should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the date of this proposal.
- This request for proposals solicitation has been addressed to numerous organizations and hence, will be competitive.
- Commodities shall be delivered to designate Stores in strict compliance to the existing policies. The Delivery Voucher shall also be completed and returned to the Procurement unit of ARFH before payments can be made.
- The quotations shall be valid and not subject to review for the one year period from the date of contract signing.
- The successful bidder(s) shall be notified in writing and will be invited to sign a contract with ARFH.
- The Agency fee/service charge will be subjected to 5% withholding tax.
Method of Submission:
Original copy of the 2 bids should reach the address as stated below on or before the 10th of December, 2013, sealed separately in an envelope marked on the too right side with ‘TB Drugs Clearing- Technical Bid’ and ‘TB Drugs Clearing-Financial Bid’ and addressed to:
The Chairman, Procurement Committee,
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Millennium Builder’s Plaza, 1st Floor, Block C,
Plot 251 Cadastral Zone
Herbert Macaulay Way, Opposite NNPC Towers