Expression of Interest (EOI) for Engagement of a Consulting Firm for Global Fund Supported Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping of Health Facilities at the National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA)
The Global Fund
To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA)
Expression of Interest (EOI) for Engagement of a Consulting Firm for Global Fund Supported Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping of Health Facilities
The Global Fund (GF) to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) was established in 2002 as a funding mechanism to support developing nations, to address the burden of three health problems: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. Nigeria has been a beneficiary of many GF grants (Round 1, 58, HSS and currently consolidated Round 9).
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), being the Principal Recipient (PR) of funds from Global Fund, had in 2011 carried out the first GIS mapping of GF sites in the country. The National HIV/AIDS response has been scaled up in the past 3 years, new sites have been activated, and new sites will be activated in future. Therefore NACA wishes to review and upgrade the exercise/project with expanded scope commencing with the six priority states of Lagos, Oyo, Imo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Kaduna.
(B) Objectives of the Project
The main objectives of the GF-supported GIS mapping of all health facilities (public and private), inclusive of all HIV/AIDS service delivery points in selected states in Nigeria include the following:
- To create and produce digital maps in space and time of all health facilities (public and private- for future scale up purposes), inclusive of all HIV/AIDS service delivery points, in six priority states of Nigeria, including information on types of HIV services in addition to the following:-
- Comprehensive ART services
- ART refill services
- PMTCT services
- HCT services
- PLHIV support groups (CBOs) attending to the service delivery points
- Lead NGOs in the LGA
- To provide information on laboratory facilities, including: CD4 machines, PCR labs, chest Xray facilities, GeneXpert machines etc. at the facilities.
- To provide information on the service coverage data of ART, PMTCT, ANC (registration and delivery), and HCT service delivery points.
- To provide details of distances between hubs, spokes and population clusters and key landmarks and distribution by LGAs.
- Map and identify TB DOTS sites in the NFM priority states.
- To build capacity of NACA staff to understand, interpret and use digital maps and GIS technology and to update the map/data base.
(C) Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Consulting Firm
The Consulting firm will have the following Terms of Reference (ToR):
(1) Capacity building plan for NACA staff will be required.
(2) Develop tools for field work data collection.
(3) Train NACA staff and other field workers on use of GIS/GPS in public health and on the tools for the field work.
(4) Carry out piloting of field work and actual field work in the six states.
(5) Carry out data entry and analysis, with the support of designated NACA officers.
(6) Write report and produce maps of the GIS mapping exercise, and submit same to the management of SKM department.
(7) Procure and install suitable GIS software for NACA.
(8) Remote technical support to NACA after the completion of the project, to facilitate ongoing analysis and updating of the GIS map.
(9) Duration of engagement shall be for 8 weeks.
(D) Consultant’s Qualification
Prospective Applicants are requested to submit their Expression of Interest that demonstrate capacity and capability to undertake this assignment detailing the following information as basis for short-listing for further evaluation in a subsequent procurement process in which technical and financial proposals will be requested and reviewed accordingly. The Prospective Service Provider may be single entity or consortium but not individual consultants and must comply with the following criteria:
(i) Have up to 10 years’ experience in use of GIS in public health settings, including mapping of health facilities. Previous experience working in the National HIV/AIDS Response will be a plus.
(ii) Be experienced in quantitative and qualitative research.
(iii) Must have quality analytical skills.
(iv) Have minimum of 5 years of experience in Nigeria HIV/AIDS programs and response.
(v) Must demonstrate sound skills in GIS mentoring and training.
(vi) Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
(vii) Evidence of Tax payment for the past 3 consecutive years (2012 – 2014).
(viii) Evidence of VAT registration & proof of past remittances, where applicable.
(ix) Audited Accounts for the past three (3) consecutive years (2012 -2014).
(x) Evidence of compliance with the provision of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as contained in Section 16 (6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007, where applicable.
(xi) For Joint Venture (JVs), include Memorandum of Understanding (indicating the responsibilities and duties of the individual firms consulting the J V.
(xii) Evidence of compliance with the provision of Section 6(1)(3) of the amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011/NSITF where applicable.
(xiii) Evidence of recommendation from prospective Consultant Bankers indicating the financial capacity and capability to undertake the assignment, if awarded.
(E) Guiding Criteria for Selection
The selection of the Consulting Firm will be in accordance with the procedures set out in GF guidelines published by the Agency, the Bureau of Public Procurement in line with international best practices.
Any previous successful collaboration in similar lines with development agencies or government will be an added advantage.
(F) General Terms & Conditions
Expression of Interest must be in English Language only and submitted in the Tender Box provided, in duplicates (one original & one copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for GIS Mapping of Health Facilities” with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address in ‘G’ below. The Agency reserves the right to reject any or all of the Expression of Interest.
Interested Service Providers may obtain further information at the address in ‘G’ below from 9:00am to 3:30pm local time, Mondays to Fridays. EOI must be delivered to the address ‘H’ on or before 12:00 noon on Monday, 13th July, 2015. No EOI shall be received after the closing date and time. The EOI proposals shall be opened on the same day immediately after close of bids at the Conference Room NACA.
Please note that at this stage, no technical and financial proposals are required. Based on the information submitted in response to this request for EOIs, NACA will prepare a shortlist of qualified organizations that would be later issued Request for Proposal (RFP) document.
(G) Address for Contact Information:
Dr. Ogbonna Amanze
Strategic Knowledge Management Department, Floor 5, NACA Office, Edo House, Central Business District, Abuja
(H) Address for Submission of Bids:
Attention: Head of Procurement
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Business District, Abuja.