National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA)
Invitation to Bid
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) as part of its statutory responsibility for HIV/AIDS treatment, care & support and strengthening of health systems in Nigeria is anticipating funding from the Government of Nigeria, World Bank and Global Fund to support the scale-up of HIV prevention and treatment interventions across the country over the next twelve (12) months. Consequently, NACA wishes to apply these funding to address the gaps in the national HIV prevention and treatment programme.
The Agency hereby invites application from interested Suppliers/Contractors/Consultants with cognate experience in the areas listed under schedule (II) below wishing to pre-qualify their Companies to participate in the subsequent bidding processes in Nineteen (19) different areas categorized under works, goods and services.
II – Pre-Qualification Areas
(1) Renovation of Existing Structures in health facilities.
(1) Supply and installation of pharma-grade warehousing equipment and fittings
(2) Supply of Project/Utility Vehicles
(3) Supply of HIV/AIDS Rapid Test Kits
(4) Supply of Anti-Retroviral Medicines
(5) Supply of HIV/AIDS Laboratory Reagents
(6) Supply of HIV/AIDS Laboratory Consumables
(7) Supply of Computer Hardware and Accessories
(8) Supply and Installation of LAN/Internet Facilities
(9) Supply of Office Furniture and Fittings
(10) Supply of Office Equipment
(11) General supplies (Stationery, Cleaning and Maintenance Materials, Souvenirs and Corporate Gift Items etc.)
(1) Consultancy (ICT, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Civil, Electrical Mechanical Engineering etc.)
(2) Corporate Consultancy Services for HIV Programming
(3) Insurance Services (Marine, Equipment, Project/Utility Vehicles and Office)
(4) Printing and Publication of HIV IEC and related Materials
(5) Security Services
(6) Distribution services for health and non-health commodities
(7) Janitorial Services
(iii) Guiding Criteria for Selection
Prospective applicants are requested to submit documents that demonstrate their capacity and capability to undertake this assignment detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification. The prospective bidder may be a single entity or consortium but not an individual consultant.
(1) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by the inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation and Article of Association.
(2) Detailed company profile containing a minimum of five (5 years) experience on related assignments this information should include company’s brochures and areas of expertise.
(3) Description of similar assignment with verifiable letters of engagement and evidence of assignment completion spell out professional capacity of staff as well as adequate and appropriate resources to carry out the assignment.
(4) Evidence of registration as a corporate entity with related professional and/or Statutory bodies where necessary.
(5) Evidence of Tax Clearance for the past 3 consecutive years (2012 to 2014).
(6) Evidence of VAT registration and proof of remittances.
(7) Annual turnover and Audited Statements of Account for the past three (3) consecutive years (2012 to 2014).
(8) Evidence of Compliance with the Provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as contained in Section 16 (6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007; (applicable on GON projects only)
(9) Evidence of ITF/NSITF Clearance Certificates (applicable on GON projects only).
(10) For Joint Ventures (JVs) to include Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) indicating the responsibility and duties of the individual firms constituting the JV.
(11) Evidence of Recommendation from Company’s Bankers indicating the financial capability and capacity to undertake the project, if awarded.
(III) General Terms and Conditions
(1) Pre-qualification application should be very clear about the area of competence and interest.
(2) One submission is expected in every area of interest and not more than two areas per each bidder.
(3) Submission must be in English language only, in two (2) copies (one original and one copy) sealed in an envelope clearly marked “Submission for NACA-GON/WB/GF Project – LOT Number……..” and dropped in the /Tender Box provided with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
(4) This invitation for Pre-qualification shall not be construed to be commitment on the part of the Agency, to award a contract award nor shall it entitle the Tenderer to make any claims whatsoever and seek indemnity from the Agency by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
(5) Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address from 0900: to 3.30 hours local time Mondays to Fridays (except weekends and public holidays).
(6) Submission must be delivered to the same address on or before 12.00 noon local time on Friday, 14th August 2015.
(7) All submissions shall be opened immediately on the same date at the Conference Room of NACA.
(8) Only prequalified bidders would be contacted for the next stage of the procurement process i.e. issuance of Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Bid.
(iv) Contact Information
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Plot 823 Ralph Shodeinde Street,
For: Director-General, NACA