Request for Expression of Interest (REOI); Engagement of Audit Reforms and Consultant at Adamawa State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
Adamawa State Government of Nigeria
Public Sector Governance Reform & Development Project (PSGR&DP)
Credit No. 46670-NG
Engagement of Audit Reforms, Consultant
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International development association (IDA) towards the cost of implementing the Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project (PSGRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceed for consultancy service for the engagement of a qualified Audit firm. Adamawa State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that, they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience and evidence of similar assignment carried out in the past with relevant references, and availability of appropriate staff etc.
The main objective of this component is to strengthen the external audit function by adhering to best practices and prudent use of public funds, and audit function in the State with a view to replacing, processes, procedures, approaches and traditions that do not add value to the development of an audit system that supports accountability and transparency in the conduct of government business. The Consultant selected will play an important role in the Audit reform process of the State.
3.0 Scope of Service
The Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
(a) Conduct a revision of the existing Audit law; update it for the purpose of strengthening audit independence and ‘ professionalizing it in the State.
The consultant, is expected to provide technical support to the lobby team, led by the State Auditor General to meet and explain the provisions of the revised Audit Bill to the members of the State House of assembly in a joint session with the state executive council, facilitate its speedy enactment.
(b) Reviewing and restructuring the office of the state Auditor General
(c) Produce a revised external audit manual and other audit tools that emanates from the comprehensive review and modernizing of audit practices, procedures, and approaches in line with international best practices.
(d) Conduct training needs assessment of the staff of Office of the State Auditor General (OSAG), and provide necessary capacity building action plan for professionalizing and strengthening the independence of the auditors in the state.
(e) Conduct workshops on the proposed audit bill to the Audit Staff, based on the revised audit bill, audit manual and tools.
(f) Assist in setting up audit implementation committee in MDAs
(g) Assist in review of the secretariat for Public Account Committee (PAC) of the State House of Assembly and a state Committee on Audit
(h) Assist in developing the capacity for members of the Public Account Committee.
A reputable firm of Chartered Accountants with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in External Audit in the Public Sector
Key Consultants must he professionals with experience in the areas of Public Sector Audit and Law
- Lead Accounting and Finance Expert who shall be the Team Leader must be Chartered Accountant with an internationally recognized professional qualification, plus a minimum of first degree; minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in public sector auditing (knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and International Public Sector Auditing Guidelines as endorsed by either International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) or International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) would be an added advantage)
- Chartered Accountant: One additional qualified chartered Accountant will be required to support the team leader. He must possess a minimum of B.Sc and not less than 5 years post-qualification experience in public sector auditing (knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and International Public Sector Auditing Guidelines as endorsed by either International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) or International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) would be an added advantage).
- Legal Expert: Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) with Minimum 8 years of related work experience and demonstrable experience with Nigeria legal systems. The Legal Expert must also possess excellent legal drafting skills including oral and written communication in English.
- Vast knowledge of Public Financial Management issues in Nigeria.
- The firm must have undertaken a similar assignment in the public sector in Nigeria and/or elsewhere in Africa
Selection of Consultant
The prospective Procurement Consultant should submit Expression of Interest detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile of the firm including ownership structure with full contact details
- Specific experience in External audit Reforms with government and or private sector
- Evidence of preparation of Audit Reforms and Development of an independent audit commission law, and audit reform documents
- Evidence of capacity building / training in Audit reforms with government and or provide sector.
- External audit Reforms experience with multilateral/bilateral and development agencies
- Experience working in Nigeria.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the world bank guideline:- selection of employment of consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA credit and grand’s b the world bank borrower, revised January, 2011. A firm will be selected under consultant qualification CQ method in accordance with the procedures set out in the guidelines selection and employment of consultant under IBRD Loans and IDA credit by the world bank borrower January, 2011. Interest consultant my obtain further information at the address below during office hours 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday except public holidays.
Expression of interest (one original, two copies) in a sealed envelop clearly marked “Expression of interest for Audit Reforms and Development of Independent Audit commission Law”, must be delivered to the address below on or before 26th August, 2015, during office hours 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday-except public holidays.
Abubakar Bello Song
State Project Coordinator
Adamawa State Public Sector Governance Reforms & Development Project
No 36 Sir Kashim Ibrahim Way Jimeta Yola, Adamawa state
Tel; – 080347546224, 08025128276