Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services in Reform of Budget Preparation and Execution at Anambra State and Local Governance Reform (SLOGOR) Project
World Bank Group
Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services in Reform of Budget Preparation and Execution
Project: State and Local Governance Reform (Slogor) Project
Grant No.: TF018335 – UNI P133045
Assignment Title: Engagement of Consultant to Review the Current Budget Processes and Preparation of MTEF/MYBF for Pilot Sectors (Agric, Education and Health) and Capacity Building of PRS Staff
Reference No.: ANSLOGOR/CON/QCBS/002/2015
This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the dgMarket of Wednesday, 18th February, 2015.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA), acting as administrator of a Trust Fund from the European Union for the State and Local Governance Reform Project. Anambra State, being one of the six beneficiary states of the grant, now intends to apply part of the proceed of the grant towards the engagement of a consulting firm to Review the Current Budget Processes and Prepare MTEF/MYBF for Pilot Sectors (Agric, Education and Health) and Build Capacity of PRS Staff in the State in the implementation of activities in the Budget Reforms Sub Component of the project being implemented by the Anambra State Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget (MEPB).
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- A diagnostic review of the existing budget traditions and machinery in the State Civil Service including current practices, strengths and weaknesses and recommendations for improvement.
- An examination of the existing roles and responsibilities of 4 Pilot Ministries Department and Agencies (Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Agriculture) in budgeting, economic planning, and expenditure control, including the identification of bottlenecks that have constrained budgeting and make recommendation for addressing them.
- Assess skills gaps in budgeting, development of sector strategies and economic management generally in Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Ministry of Finance, Office of the Accountant General, and Anambra State Internal Revenue Service, for budgeting and economic planning.
- Work with staff of selected MDAs to develop Medium Term Fiscal Strategy Model and Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) in MDAs as well build their capacity to develop Multi-Year Budget Framework and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MYBF/MTEF), taking into account similar developments at the Federal Government levels.
- Strengthen the skills of relevant staff in the implementation of the newly adopted unified National Standard Chart of Accounts /Budget classification compliant with IPSAS for the State.
The Anambra State and Local Governance Reform (SLOGOR) project now invites eligible Consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested consulting firms are hereby requested to submit a statement of capability indicating relevant experience on similar assignments in Nigeria or elsewhere. This should include, but not limited to, summary of CVs of its key staff, provision of company brochures, description of similar assignments carried out in the last five years, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among key staff, etc.
The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011). Please visit www.worldbank.org, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, 900 to 4:00 pm., (local time) on or before 29th April 2015.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below not later than 29th April 2015.
Anambra State and Local Governance Reform (SLOGOR) Project
Attn: Mr. J.C.O. Ifekandu
State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU),
Old Building, opp. Code of Conduct Bureau
Jerome Udoji Secretariat,
Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria.