Expression of Interest; Consultancy Services on State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS) Pre-Implementation Training at Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project
(World Bank Assisted)
IDA Credit No. 4667-0 NG
Expression of Interest
Consultancy Services on State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS) Pre-Implementation Training
Credit No: 4667-0 NG
Issuance Date: 18th August, 2015
Submission Deadline: 1st September, 2015
(1) This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the dgMarket of 26th November, 2010.
(2) The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of implementing Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project. Ondo State is a beneficiary of the Credit and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Engagement of Consulting Firm/ Training Institution to provide State Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (SIFMIS) Pre-Implementation Training.
(3) Ondo State is currently implementing SIFMIS as part of the overall Financial Management Systems reforms under the Public Sector Governance Reform Project, and in particular, is in the process of acquiring Integrated Financial Management information Systems Solution. So far, the State had carried out a comprehensive system requirement study and functional requirement definition, documentation of bidding document for the acquisition of IFMIS solution and identification of structural and institutional arrangements, including human resource requirements, necessary to support the implementation of SIFMIS.
As part of the human resource requirement to support implementation, the State constituted the SIFMIS governance structure, and various Teams have been set up. Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and skill gap analysis were done and specific pre-implementation trainings have been identified. Although, the actual IFMIS training, which is solution/product specific, will be carried out by the ultimate selected SIFMIS vendor, these initial trainings are however identified to equip the Teams with basic IT, leadership and change management skills for the implementation of SIFMIS
Scope of Service
(4) The Training Institution/Consultant Firm will train identified participants on the following specialised IT, project management and leadership & change management courses: Course 1- Basic Training on Information Technology for Accountants, Auditors and Administrative Staff ; Course 2- Leadership and Change Management Training; Course 3- Relational Database Management System; Course 4- IT Project Management; Course 5- Introduction to Linux/Unix Operating System; Course 6 – Data Center Management and Systems Administration; Course 7- Local Area Network/ Wide Area Network Implementation and Maintenance; Course 8 – PC Installation, Maintenance and Repairs.
Qualification and Experience
(5) The Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project now invites eligible Training Institutions/consulting firms with expertise and experience in ICT, Leadership and Change Management Training to indicate their interest in providing the service. The Training Institution/firm must have a minimum of 5years’ experience in delivery of ICT training. Interested Training Institution or consulting firms are hereby requested to submit a statement of capability indicating relevant experience on similar assignments in Nigeria or elsewhere. This should include, but not limited to, summary of its key staff, provision of company brochures, description of similar assignments carried out in the last five years, experience in similar conditions and region, availability of appropriate skills among key staff (Key staff shall include (i) Management Specialist and (ii) IT professionals with various specialisations in: Relational Database Management System, Project Management, Linux/Unix Operating System, Network Administration, Database Administration, System Administration
Selection of Consultant
(6) The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011), using Selection Based on Consultant Qualification (CQS) Method
(7) Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Submission of Expression of Interest
(8) Interested consulting firms may obtain further information at the address below between 9.00a.m 4.00p.m (Local Time) on weekdays, except on public holidays
(9) Your expression of interest must be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked “CONSULTANCY SERVICES ON STATE INTEGRATED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (SIFMIS) PRE-IMPLEMENTATION TRAINING” to the address below not later than 1st September, 2015.
Ondo State Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Projects
State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU),
Ala Quarters, Akure. Ondo