Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria
3rd Floor; Murijanatu House,
1, Zambezi Crescent
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Maitama – Abuja.
Tel: 09-8761892-3, 09-8122820, 8122822. 8122824
8th Floor Mulliner Tower
39, Alfred Rewane Road
(Old Kingsway Road)
Request for Expression of Interest
- The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (“AMCON” or “the Corporation”) signed and executed a settlement agreement between the Corporation, Tinapa Business Resort Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Tinapa” or “the Resort”) and the Cross River State Government (CRSG) in September 2013. That settlement agreement resulted in AMCON owning the majority equity stake in Tinapa.
- In order to achieve its strategic objectives, AMCON has decided to hire reputable, competent and experienced organizations, individually or as part of a consortium, to function as a Retail, Resort and Hospitality Operator for Tinapa.
- Tinapa Business Resort is located to the north of the city of Calabar, in Cross River State, Nigeria. The Resort has been designed as a mixed-use business and leisure development, designated as a free trade zone, intended to revolutionize duty-free trading in the country. Hence there exist a unique opportunity to partake in the development and management of the Resort’s mix of businesses such as lodging, entertainment and leisure facilities designed to cater to the Nigerian business market, including retailers and wholesalers, as well as local and expatriate residents in Nigeria and international visitors. The Resort occupies a total land area of about 265 hectares and comprises several retail outlets, including four large emporiums, a 230-room hotel, a water park and a film/TV studio.
- AMCON hereby invites interested organizations to submit expressions of interest in applying for the role of Retail, Resort and Hospitality Operator (“Operator”). AMCON will only consider expressions of interest from organizations or from consortiums that show capability of managing the entirety of Tinapa, including the general infrastructure (roads, landscaping etc.), security as well as the individual components.
- Method of Application. Interested parties should submit a written Expression of Interest (“EOI”) together with the documentation and information, as applicable, listed under the subject headings specified below (In the case of a consortium please provide the relevant information for each consortium member):
- Description of entity with evidence of registration of incorporation in Nigeria or in the relevant jurisdiction;
- Ownership of the entity, identifying all shareholders with a 10% or more stake;
- Detailed organizational profile including organizational structure, key professionals, training and qualifications;
- Comments on how the management of the Resort would be undertaken;
- Relevant retail, entertainment and hospitality industry experience and/or demonstrable evidence of ability to manage a facility of similar type and scale including:
- Names of clients (if applicable)
- Scope of work performed
- Date of award of contracts (if applicable)
- Contractual period and period of execution of projects (if applicable)
- Nature of contracts
- Details of referenced client’s organization where similar services have been provided
- In the case of a consortium, evidence of any alliance/partnership/joint venture between members of the consortium, clearly indicating the lead member authorized to submit the EOI;
- Full name(s) of contact person(s), email addresses and telephone numbers; and
- Any relevant information that demonstrates credibility and eligibility for the role.
- Scope of Services. Applicants are hereby invited to visit the Tinapa website at www.tinapa.com.ng to access more background information on Tinapa for the preparation of their EOIs. The Scope of Services required to be provided by the Operator will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assess the current state of the Resort including the retail, leisure, hospitality, business and infrastructure aspects of the Resort
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment and evaluation of the Resort and its existing structures.
- Develop a credible business plan and operational model for Tinapa.
- If required, participate in the selection, hiring and engagement of sub-contractors to occupy and manage the retail, hospitality, casino, cinema and infrastructure aspects of the Resort.
- Source, market and pre-qualify prospective retailers and other tenants for the Resort
- Liaise with current and future tenants on behalf of AMCON.
- Carry out the day-to-day management and maintenance of the Resort and all of its structures
- Monitor and maintain good accounting records and financial reporting systems for the Resort.
- Develop and implement a strong marketing strategy to attract retailers and customers for the Resort worldwide.
- Liaise with all relevant government authorities and agencies.
- Submission of Expression of Interest. Prospective applicants are required to submit their Expressions of Interest in English, titled “Expression of Interest for the role of Retail, Resort and Hospitality Operator of Tinapa Business Resort Limited”. The EOI should be sent not later than 5.00pm (Nigerian time) on Friday, December 13, 2013.
- By e-mail to email@example.com and
- A hard copy should be delivered to the address below:
Project Tinapa Coordinator
Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria
Asset Management Directorate
8th Floor, Mulliner Towers
39, Alfred Rewane Road,
Tel: 01-277 3100-299
- Upon receipt and evaluation of the Expressions of Interest, a shortlist of Operators who, in AMCON’s opinion, are deemed to be fit and suitable in terms of their capabilities for the role, as well as from a regulatory perspective (amongst other things), will be selected for further consideration. Shortlisted entities will be contacted and advised on next steps.
- For further clarification or enquiries, prospective applicants may contact either of the contact persons stated above.
Kayode A. A Lambo
Head, Corporate Communications
TO DOWNLOAD THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST, VISIT AMCON’S
Board of Directors: Alhaji Aliyu Kola Belgore ofr (Gunman), Muatafa Chike-Obi