Federal Republic of Nigeria
Request for Expressions of Interest (Consulting Services)
Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project
Project Management Consultancy Services to the Project Implementation Unit
Water Supply and Sanitation Sector
Financing Agreement reference:
Project ID No: P-NG-EOO-007
Loan No: 2000130011585
(1) This invitation follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online Reference No. AfDB752-11/14 of 11 November 2014 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website
(2) The Federal Government of Nigeria on behalf of Government of Rivers State of Nigeria has applied for financing from the African Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of the Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project (UWSR & PHWSSP), and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this ADB loan to payments under the contract for Project Management Consultancy Services within the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC).
(3) The objective of the project in Rivers State is to provide sustainable access to safe drinking water and sanitation to the residents of Port-Harcourt city in Rivers State through (i) rehabilitation and construction of water supply and sanitation infrastructure and (ii) Institutional Support to Port Harcourt Water Corporation and other key water and sanitation service providers in Port Harcourt City.
(4) The Project Management Consultancy firm will be responsible for implementation of the project (which will also be financed by the World Bank), including technical as well as financial and administrative aspects. It will be given operational autonomy to manage project implementation. The key staffing for the Consultancy to be established within Port Harcourt Water Corporation will consist of Project Management, Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Utility Management/Institutional Development, Procurement Management, Financial Management, Environmental Safeguards, Social Safeguards, Social Development & Gender, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Communications. The services included under this consultancy assignment are:
|1||Preparation and submission to the PHWC Managing Director and to the Donors of (i) Annual Work Plan, Budget and Procurement Plan, and (ii) Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports and any other technical reports on project activities.|
|2||Carrying out all procurement activities under the project (acquisition and contract management of goods, work and services) in compliance wish respective donor and State procedures.|
|3||Coordination and oversight of institutional Capacity-Building (CB), operational Technical Assistance (TA) activities and other advisory services towards the corporate development, improved performance and sustainability of PHWC as an autonomous utility.|
|4||Coordination of and communication with all partners involved in carrying out project activities. These include relevant Ministries and agencies the two Local Government Areas, NGOs/CBOs. service providers, and target customers.|
|5||Ensuring compliance with the Environmental and Social Management Plan for the project consistent with respective donor guidelines.|
|6||Ensuring the Financial Management of the project.|
|7||Training and knowledge transfer to the PHWC staff on matters related to the scope of this consultancy.|
(5) Services to be provided by other Consultants to be procured and supervised by the PIU include detailed design and preparation of bidding documents; works supervision and design services during construction; Environmental and Social management Plan (ESMP) implementation; sanitation/solid waste/sewerage plan preparation; Management Commercialisation and Training Technical Assistance; Hygiene and Sanitation promotion; tariff study and PPP study/transaction support; institutional Capacity Building and operational Technical Assistance services; Social Connection Fund/Management; procurement post review; and financial Audit.
(6) The Executing Agency is the Port-Harcourt Water Corporation and implementation period of the consultancy assignment is two years.
(7) The Port-Harcourt Water Corporation now invites eligible consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultancy firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (company profile/brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultancy firms may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
(8) Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” (2008 edition, Revised July 2012), which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org . The financing is from ADB window that requires the services of Consultants from Member Countries of the African Development Bank. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultancy firm which expresses interest.
(9) Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address below during the office hours of 8:00 to 16:00 Hours (Nigeria time).
(10) Written expressions of interest (one hard original, five hard copies and a CD) must be delivered to the address below before 4:00pm., 20th March 2015 and mention “Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project: Project Management Consultancy Services to the Project Implementation Unit”.
Att: The Managing Director,
Mr. Kenneth Anga,
Port Harcourt Water Corporation,
No. 6, Water Works Road,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (0) 809 990 6217