Invitation for the Pre-qualification for the Development of a Consumer Protection Framework at Central Bank of Nigeria
Central Bank of Nigeria
Invitation for the Pre-qualification for the Development of a Consumer Protection Framework at the Central Bank of Nigeria
- The Central Bank of Nigeria (hereafter referred to as “CBN” or the “Bank”), being the apex Bank of the country in its quest to promote stability and enhance public confidence in the financial system established Consumer Protection Department in April 2012. The Department has the mandate to protect the rights of consumers of services of financial institutions under the purview of the CBN.
- The CBN intends to develop a comprehensive Consumer Protection Framework which will provide a clear regulatory direction and modalities for implementing consumer protection initiatives in the financial system.
- CBN now invites reputable firms having experience in consumer protection to participate in a competitive pre-qualification process for the development of the Consumer Protection Framework.
Interested and competent firms wishing to collaborate with CBN in developing the Framework must satisfy the following criteria:-
- Company’s profile and verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed in the past;
- The firm should demonstrate commitment to deploy competent and experienced personnel for the project;
- Profile of the firm’s core technical competencies and skills available;
- Details of key manpower resources available including names and short CV’s of key professional staff to be deployed
a) Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
b) Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as and when due.
c) Comprehensive company profile including registered address, functional contact email address GSM phone number(s), facsimile number(s).
d) Reference letter from bank stating financial ability to carry out such service (s).
e) Current company’s audited statement of account.
f) Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of fulfilling employer’s obligation to employees with respect to pensions,
g) Evidence of payment of training contributions to ITF (Industrial Training Fund).
All requirements are mandatory.
Submission of Documents
Expression of Interest must be submitted in both soft and hard copies sealed and marked: “Prequalification for Development of Consumer Protection Framework at Central Bank of Nigeria”
And addressed to:-
Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd Floor, Wing C
CBN Head Office Complex,
Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
Phone No: 07-462-37216
All submissions must be received at the above Office on or before 30th October, 2013.
All submissions win be opened on 31st October, 2013 at the 2nd Floor Wing D, Procurement & Support Services Department, Central Bank of Nigeria.
A) Nothing in the advert shall be construed to be a commitment on the part of the CBN.
B) The successful company (s) will be notified formally.