Invitation for Bids: Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures and Flushing of Pressure Relief Wells and Drainage Canals at Kainji and Jebba Dams
Federal Government of Nigeria
Niger Basin Water Resources Development and Sustainable Ecosystems Management Project (NBWRDSEMP)
Credit No. 43480-UNI
Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures and Flushing of Pressure Relief Wells and Drainage Canals at Kainji and Jebba Dams
Bid No.: KJR4B
Specific Procurement Notice
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project published in dgMarket/UNDB on January- 24, 2008.
- The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association of the World Bank toward the cost of the Niger Basin Water Resources Development and Sustainable Ecosystems Management Project (WRDSEMP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures and Flushing of Pressure Relief Wells and Drainage Canals at Kainji and Jebba Dams-Bid No: KJR4B.
- The Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Management Unit now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Works described below:
Refurbishment of the “Totalising Weir” which involves de-silting of storage area upstream and downstream of the weir wall, provision of a new V-notch weir plate, repair of the weir wall, provision of a security fence around the “Totalising Weir”;
Remedial measures for decalcification of concrete in galleries and navigation lock;
Construction of Security post and staff quarter for security guard.
- flushing of pressure relief wells and drain holes; and
- Remedial measures for decalcification of concrete in galleries and navigation lock
The delivery period is six (6) months.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods. Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by world Bank Borrowers – January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines, in addition, please refer to paragraphs 6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest,
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Transmission Company of Nigeria Project Management Unit and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 10:00AM to 5:00PMon week days Nigeria time at the address given below
- Qualifications requirements include:
- Bidder must have participated in at least two (2) contracts within the last five (5) years each with a value of at least Fifty Million Naira (N50, 000,000.00)or equivalent in foreign currency that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works.
- Bidder must possess minimum average annual turnover of Two Hundred and Fifty Million Naira (250,000,000,00), or equivalent in foreign currency calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last five(5) years,
- The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources to meet the cash-flow requirement of Twenty Million Naira or equivalent in foreign currency.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira 15,000.00, The method of payment will be Certified Bank Cheque in favour of Power Holding Company of Nigeria. The Bidding Documents will be sent by courier upon additional payment of Six Thousand Naira (N6,000.00) for places within Nigeria as Demand Draft payable to the General Manager—TCN-PMU at Abuja not later 6th November, 2014 to cover the delivery.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 27th November, Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 27th November, 2014 at 12:30 PM
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of One Million, Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N1,400,000.00)
- The address referred to above is:
Engr A. J. Ciroma
General Manager, Project Management Unit
No 7 Hombori Street, Off-Freetown Street, Wuse II
Abuja 900288, NIGERIA Tel/Fax: +234 808 028 8802