Expression of Interest for Engagement as a Consultant(s) to Prepare Technical Bids and supervise 2014 Capital Projects at Lake Chad Research Institute
Lake Chad Research Institute
P.M.B. 1293, Maiduguri
Expression of Interest for Engagement as a Consultant(s) to Prepare Technical Bids and supervise 2014 Capital Projects
The Lake Chad Research Institute Maiduguri intends to pre-qualify competent Consultant(s) for the execution of approved Infrastructural Projects, Civil and Works. The Scope of work include:-
1. Complete preparation of tender documents, supervision and project commissioning.
2. The Projects are:
1. Perimeter Security Fencing of LCRI Colony.
2. Renovation of Executive Director’s house.
3. Development of ICT and Networking of Stakeholders Consortia.
4. Rehabilitation of LCRI Conference Hall.
5. E-Library (Procurement of Books and Journals).
6. Completion of rehabilitation of Research Headquarters and sinking of Borehole.
Interested Civil Engineering Consultants are required to submit their Firm’s Profile which must include but not limited to the following documents:
- Evidence of Incorporation of the Company with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Copies of Tax Clearance for 2011, 2012, 2013 respectively
- VAT Certificate with evidence of remittance to Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- Firm’s Audited Account for 2011, 2012, 2013
- Evidence of the Firm’s Corporate Registration with the appropriate Professional body i.e COREN
- Details of staff strength including Curriculum Vitae (CV) and profile of key staff and associates
- Details of previous related consultancy services rendered including scope and certificates of valuation/completion
- Evidence of registration with Pension Commission in compliance with Pensions of section (16(6) (d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007
- Clear indication of Head Office Address
- Evidence of up-date Annual Returns
- Sworn Affidavit that the Firm is not bankrupt
- Sworn Affidavit that none of the Principal or Associate of the Firm is an ex-convict or bankrupt
- Evidence of Financial capability and banking support (Bank references, recent statement of Account) of at least N40 million duly stamped by the Bank
4. Tender Requirements
Interested Consultants who wish to participate in the 2014 exercise are required to obtain bidding documents from the Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) Secretariat Room 04, 1st Floor, Admin. Block, Lake Chad Research Institute, Maiduguri on payment of a non-refundable fees of N30, 000:00k (Thirty Thousand Naira) only in Bank Draft payable to: Enterprise Bank Account No. 1400016639
5. Submission of the Tender Documents
Interested Consultants are to submit both Technical and Financial bids as follows:
- Technical proposals and Financial bids should be placed in separate envelopes sealed and clearly marked differently.
- The name of the Company and title of the project should be clearly written on the envelope
- The two envelopes should be inserted in another bigger envelope clearly marked, sealed and addressed to the address below and to be dropped in a Tender box in Procurement Planning Committee (PPC) Secretariat Room 04, 1st Floor, Admin. Block, Lake Chad Research Institute, Maiduguri on or before 12noon December 16, 2013. Bidders are to ensure that they also sign the submission Register in the Office of the Executive Director.
The Executive Director,
Lake Chad Research Institute,
P.M.B.I 293, Maiduguri,
This tender documents will be opened on the same day in Lake Chad Research Institute’s Conference Room; Block ‘E’.
Late submission will not be accepted, please.
All enquiries on Technical issues should be addressed to the above address.
Only Pre-qualified Consultants whose Technical proposals adjudged to be sound and accepted will have their financial bids opened on a date to be communicated. Response to this invitation shall not oblige the Institute to consider any responding Firm for qualification. All cost incurred as a result of response to this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
Dr. O. G. Olabanji
Lake Chad Research Institute,