Tender Opportunity: SPDC Corporate Hosting & Storage Maintenance Services at Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPNG/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: SPDC Corporate Hosting & Storage Maintenance Services
Tender Ref: NG01019626
NIPEX Tender No: 0200263
Shell hereby announces to interested and prequalified companies of an upcoming tendering opportunity for the SPDC Corporate Hosting & Storage Maintenance Services for SPDC. The proposed contract will commence in 2016 and remain active for 2 years, followed by a 1 year extension option.
Experience with this type of work in the past ten years is required. However, Nigerian companies that do not currently have the required technical expertise but still wish to be considered may form joint ventures with more experienced international companies. Evidence of such agreements must be included in the tender package.
Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange Portal www.nipex.com.ng for further details.
(2.0) Summary of Work Scope
The scope of work for the services shall include but are not limited to:
(1) Hardware equipment support, maintenance and upgrade activities for servers (IBM, HP, DELL etc.), storage (NetApp, EMC etc.), backup devices (IBM, Sun etc.), reprographics and other related infrastructure for operating systems in use in SPDC.
(2) Procurement of standard server and storage replacement/enhancement parts, licenses, warranties, peripherals, software, middleware and consumables (such as Processors, tapes, labellers, disks, memory, controllers, boards etc.)
(3) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and related training for support personnel; this will largely be in the area of new hardware, operating systems and middleware.
(4) Ad Hoc Specialist consultancy and provision of manpower resources.
(3.0) Mandatory Requirements
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractor are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendor in the 3.11.07 Operating Systems Installation / Support Services (Product/Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(4) To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
(4.0) Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
- Furnish details of company ownership and shareholding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work Scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well-equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such
- Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on equipment repairs & maintenance and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of Organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Location of in-country facilities (Storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
(5.0) Closing Date:
Only Tenderers who are registered in the 3.11.07 Operating Systems Installation / Support Services NJQS product/category as at 13th July 2015, being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
(6.0) Additional Information
All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipexng.com for this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX System.